Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× This is the forum where our students can discuss things relating to their studies or experiences they have had while studying Bob's courses. Please keep it clean, professional and of course entertaining!

CASA ATPL & JAA/EASA ATPL Confused

• CDGF
  • Topic Author

CDGF created the topic: CASA ATPL & JAA/EASA ATPL Confused

Hi,

Good day to you guys,

I actually finished all my CPL subjects and IREX and now heading towards my ATPL and somewhat confused if to go ahead with CASA or JAA as I'm also looking for overseas job opportunities and most of the Asian & EU country has adapted the JAA syllabus which has 14 ATPL subjects and when checked with a few CAA authorise i was told that if you hold CASA ATPL that i need to re do all ATPL according to JAA and that CASA ATPL is not recognized. This has really confused me i mean logically the exams are based on the same aircraft type but why do this all over again if you already hold ATPL Frozen form a ICAO approved state ?

Will CASA join the JAA/EASA system in the future ? Also talking to a few students was told to me that most are shifting to this JAA not sure if its correct but this is what i got to know in this case will this effect students coming to Australia to fly if this is actually the case ?

I'm in a dilemma of choosing what to do appreciate of some kind advice from any experts.

Cheers
Glen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: CASA ATPL & JAA/EASA ATPL Confused

> Will CASA join the JAA/EASA system in the future ?
God help us if they do. The regs are complicated enough already...

A good place for answers to ATPL-related questions are Advanced Flight Theory in Maroochydore or CASA direct. If you are looking for overseas i.e. European work, you would need to convert even your CPL qualification to the JAA standard (including theory exams). I don't think there will be a way around conversion exams in the future.

Cheers,

Rich

• Kernowflyer

Kernowflyer replied the topic: CASA ATPL & JAA/EASA ATPL Confused

Hi Glen.

Following the same query/confusion, I made a few enquires in the motherland (UK).

CASA to EASA CPL/ATPL; you'll need to re-sit all your exams. Having sat all the CPL exams I was told I can "simply" sit just the ATP exams. No need to re do the CPL subjects.

Rich

• CDGF
  • Topic Author

CDGF replied the topic: CASA ATPL & JAA/EASA ATPL Confused

Hi Rich,/Richard

Thanks for the info on this very much appreciate i guess its another go at ATP.

It really is amusing on how things can be :) why would an ICOA recognized ATPL done in to FAA/CAA/CASA standard simply have questions don't all of them go through the same subjects and same questions data bank? I'm sure CASA is very much difficult than any of the others but why would they simply get an already ATPL qualified individual to re do the test again.

Glen.

• Kernowflyer

Kernowflyer replied the topic: CASA ATPL & JAA/EASA ATPL Confused

Why have us resit all exams?

$$$$

If anything, I have found CASA to be quite reasonable recognising prior learning. Europe are rather brutal/elitist in their thinking.

I wonder, should the UK exit the EU, if they will relax their view of foreign (albeit ICAO recognised) licences?

• CDGF
  • Topic Author

CDGF replied the topic: CASA ATPL & JAA/EASA ATPL Confused

$$$ for sure as there is no logical reason that i can think of for ICAO compliance licence to re do all.

Oh yes i must say CASA is been too reasonable as anyone from CAA/EASA has to do just one test.

I don't think even if the UK exit the EU it will change but if it does it will be good one !!

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds