Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin

E-Text Viewer Status

• Richard
  • Topic Author

Richard created the topic: E-Text Viewer Status

The Current E-Text Viewer Version is: 2.4.33

E-Texts and the free E-Text version of CASA's VFG will be updated in due course and the latest version which will load automatically the next time you call up the E-Text.

If you have never tried one of our E-Texts then why not try out the free E-Text version of CASA's VFG or the quick sample chapter of Bob's CPL Aerodynamics textbook.

Please contact us if you have any problems or would like more information. You can reach me at the school or via email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Happy Studying!

Cheers,

Rich

Here's a gallery of some of the features for the iPad (screenshots are taken from an iPad2 running IOS 5.1 and all have been resized somewhat for the web) :

Table of contents:
Bookmarking a page for later:
And the bookmarked page with the Bookmarks Panel open and showing the new bookmark:
Direct entry of page numbers:
Full zoom:
The Help Commands:
Version History:
Performance improvements and bug fixes such as;
* E-Text now works correctly on iPad if private browsing is turned on.
* Better interface for mobile versions
* Support for the latest version of Flash
* Search and Bookmarking now work while reading in full screen mode too.
* Stability improvements

Multiple improvements the most important of which is full text search support for mobile devices (see details below)

Compatibility problems with mobile devices running IOS 5 have been solved and there have been numerous improvements to the interface for users on iPads etc. The E-Texts are also re-themed when viewed on a PC or Mac.

New features for mobile devices include:
* Single tap to toggle icons for help, page navigation, TOC, bookmarks
* Pinch zoom is here
If viewing the E-Text on a computer, the changes you will notice are mainly cosmetic but there have been several background improvements. For example, text searching now supports hyphenation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard
  • Topic Author

Richard replied the topic: Full Text Search for iPads and Androids!

Portable Devices now support Full-Text Search!

The long awaited feature has arrived: you can now search the text of any of your E-Texts with the mobile version of the E-Text viewer. With the update to version 2.3.14, the mobile viewer has the same functionality as the computer version but with the added convenience of a portable device.

All E-Texts have now been updated to use the new viewer and students should load the new version automatically next time they connect to their E-Text. You can easily confirm this by checking the version number displayed in the E-Text title bar.

A full description of the gestures and functions supported can be accessed by tapping the screen of your device and then the "?" icon on the upper right hand side (see image below).

If you have not tried one of our E-Texts yet then check out the free E-Text version of CASA's excellent Visual Flight Guide (VFG).

To whet your appetite, here are a few screenshots taken from an iPad2:
Full text search in action on the BAK E-Text.
The search term is entered into the text box you can see on the bottom right.
The last section of the on screen help system describing the search related functions.
Attachments:

• JeffM

JeffM replied the topic: Re: E-Text Viewer Status

Richard, I have posted this in other areas and then found this spot. Apologies if it becomes annoying.

I am interested in the E Books but was wondering if they are down-loadeable or if you have to be on-line to access them. I spend an inordinate amount of time flying commercially and would like to read and study whilst on the move. Obviously online access is not viable when in the air (at least not at 40,000'!)

If not then I might just stick with the printed texts.

Many thanks,

BTW, used your book and trial exams for CPL Performance and nailed 90%, happy to get that one out of the way!

Regards,
Jeff

• Richard
  • Topic Author

Richard replied the topic: Re: E-Text Viewer Status

Hi Jeff,

No, it's not annoying - here's the answer I gave in the other thread :
Cheers,

Rich

Time to create page: 0.249 seconds