Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL HPL question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Threat and Error Management

• Carambar
  • Topic Author

Carambar created the topic: Threat and Error Management

Hi guys,

I am currently in the middle of my CPL Human Factors study and have come across a tricky TEM question. I hope you can help out, here it goes:

What is the main factor which acts towards the mitigation of anticipated threats?

(a) Pre-flight briefing
(b) Training
(c) Knowledge and Experience
(d) Quality instruction

My first guess was (a) as this is the phase where all scenarios are considered and discussed with the crew. Subsequently all anticipated threats are identified and can be managed appropriately throughout the flight.

Just wondering what everyone else thought or if they had ever come across a question such as this on the CASA exam?

Cheers,
Carambar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: Threat and Error Management

Carambar

I agree that (a) is the most likely correct answer. The pre-flight briefing/planning considers the proposed flight in the light of expected weather and traffic density situations. Training, experience and instruction does not include threats that may arise during a particular flight.

• Carambar
  • Topic Author

Carambar replied the topic: Re: Threat and Error Management

Thanks for the quick response Bob! I find the TEM side of things can get pretty tricky, even after reading the CAAP for it. I found I had to source out info from different places to fully understand it.

Anyway, I sat CHUF this week and passed it :) Now, onto CSYA.

• nath44

nath44 replied the topic: Re: Threat and Error Management

I am currently 3weeks out from sitting tem one way that has helped me is I make a senerio in my head.for ex I plan a flight in my head that would involve all the aspects.such as an airline pilot has alot of organisational threats,crewing issues paperwork etc.

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds