Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Changes In the Irex syllabus

• RABBI ILS
  • Topic Author

RABBI ILS created the topic: Changes In the Irex syllabus

BULA Bobtait,
My name is Iliesa Tawalo. I work as a Theory Ground Instructor at Pacific Flying School in Nadi, Fiji Island. My Questions 1) What are the changes in the new irex syllabus.
2) What are the new nav system in included or excluded in VH-OZY compared to the previous one..eg..2 ILS receiver, 2VOR and etc.
3) Are the Daps east /west/ adopt this changes to answer Latest Casa IREX Exam question.
Thanks.

Regards,
ILIESA. T

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Changes In the Irex syllabus

I hope these attachments help. The new OZY equipment list and the Backup Navigation Network. The Backup Navigation Network gives a list of the VORs and NDBs that are to be kept operational. The latest version of the DAPs should contain only the aids that are included in the Backup Navigation Network. We are in the process of printing a new version of the IREX book. This book has been extensively revised and rewritten to cover the new exam aeroplane. All of the questions have been checked so that they refer to the new OZY and also refer only to the ground-based navigation aids in the Backup Navigation Network. It should be available from the end of next week.
www.airservicesaustralia.com/wp-content/uploads/BNN.pdf

File Attachment:

File Name: OZYNEWEQUIPMENT.pdf
File Size:114 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: BACKUPNAVI...WORK.pdf
File Size:201 KB
Attachments:

• jamup1977

jamup1977 replied the topic: Changes In the Irex syllabus

Hello Bob,

I have the 2013 IREX book of yours, is that too old to study ?

Can I wait until you put out the new book ?

Do we need to purchase the new DAPS and AIP as well?

Thanks

Jay

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Changes In the Irex syllabus

I'm afraid the changes that became effective in May have made many of the questions and practice exams in the IREX book invalid. This is because the equipment carried by the new exam aeroplane VH-OZY, has been changed along with the decommissioning of many of the ground-based aids. We have updated all of the practice exams and also the e-text version of the book. The new hard-copy IREX book is being printed and will be available in two weeks. Unfortunately, although much of the content of the current book is still OK, your 2013 copy will not be much use now. It's a pity, but we were given very little notice of the extent of the changes.

Bob

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds