Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

IFR Lights for Private IFR

• Anton
  • Topic Author

Anton created the topic: IFR Lights for Private IFR

Hi there

I have a question about lighting for IFR (Private) (day and night). I have looked at the Regs but find them a bit confusing. If I was to summarise i was hoping you could let me know if this is correct.

an aeroplane in flight or operating on the manoeuvring area of a land aerodrome shall display the following navigation lights:

(ignoring the angles for ease of understanding)

Steady lights comprising:
(a) a red light on port
(b) a green light on starboard
(c) a white light (port and starboard)

In addition to the navigation lights (a-c) above, an anti-collision light consisting of a flashing red light visible in all directions ... (is this a strobe?)

Then also shall display an additional flashing white light visible in all directions (is this a 2nd strobe?)

I assume you also need a landing light (for Night IFR, not sure about day?), and you only need one landing light if Private IFR

Sorry if I have note been clear, all I really want to know is what's the minimum for a Private IFR at night, and are the rules different for DAY flights.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds