Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

No Index in latest AIP release from Airservices

• Anton
  • Topic Author

Anton created the topic: No Index in latest AIP release from Airservices

Can anyone help explain why Airservices removed the Index in their latest release of the AIP. I found the index very useful and cannot see the logic in removing it.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: No Index in latest AIP release from Airservices

The index is included in the AIP I downloaded from the AirServices web site. Maybe you should contact the pilot supply store where you bought it.

Bob

• Anton
  • Topic Author

Anton replied the topic: No Index in latest AIP release from Airservices

Thanks for replying Bob. At the risk of making a fool of myself, when I look at the new AIP on the Airservices website, there is no index. I refer to the following link --> www.airservicesaustralia.com/aip/aip.asp...te=02-Mar-2017&ver=2.

Am I missing something perhaps

Many thanks again for your great support books and tools

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: No Index in latest AIP release from Airservices

I'm sorry, you are correct. It appears there is no index. That was my error, I was looking at the table of contents - dumb! That's outrageous. There have been such drastic changes to the AIP references (hundreds of them) that I have spent many hours up-dating all of books to completely new references (I mean completely!) We were given no notice of the extent of the changes and I don't know how students will go using the new AIP with the original books.

I tried to warn students not to trash the old one. You could still use it in the exam because most of the changes have been in the reference only and not in the text itself. I expect a lot of static on this one.

Bob

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds