Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Aerodynamics question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

CASA's Exam Pattern

• DkBb
  • Topic Author

DkBb created the topic: CASA's Exam Pattern

Hello Everyone,
I just booked Aero for next Monday, just wondering if anyone has done the exam recently. would like to know what type of question patterns they are asking nowadays. I have studied Bob Tait's book from word to word. Scored over 95% in the practice exams as well. A bit nervous though. So please anyone if you could provide some details on what to expect from the exams, would be really helpful and appreciated.
cheers guys.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Aviatordan

Aviatordan replied the topic: Re: CASA's Exam Pattern

G'day Dk,

I have yet to take AERODY, however I have NAV in two days and that's my next one. I can't answer your question of what will be in the exam (I mean, they can examine anything from the syllabus) but I can assure you that if you're getting 95% in all the practice exams, you'll be fine.

In my experience with the other exams I've done, the questions in the cyber exam are very similar to those that are in the text book.

Good luck, mate!

• DkBb
  • Topic Author

DkBb replied the topic: Re: CASA's Exam Pattern

G'day Mate,
Thanks for replying, A little bit encouraging goes a long way. yea i have read bob tait's book from text to text and re-read it a lot of times and yea hoping for the best. Good luck to you too for your NAV. big day tomorrow. I'll study the book again today and give it my best shot in the exam tomorrow. I saw your profile, you are from NSW, where abouts are you? I am from northern coast tweed heads.
thanks again.

All The Best, Mate!

• DkBb
  • Topic Author

Did Aero today, passed 80%. Am so happy. thanks Bob

• Madox01

Madox01 replied the topic: Re: CASA's Exam Pattern

im looking at doing the exam in 2wks just wondering if you could give me any insite into what to expect

• DkBb
  • Topic Author

hey Madoxo1!,
Just make sure you know BT's book from back to front. And also make sure you understand the concept of ground effect, induced drag, total drag. I learnt a nice trick from my flying instructor and ground instructor as well. write down the numbers from 1 to 40 on the piece of paper they give you and as you go through the questions write the answer in front of the number on the paper as well. and the questions you are not sure of put a question mark in front of that question.and when you are done with all the questions just go through the question you have a question mark against. thats a trick that helped me save a lot of time, and i usually know if i am gona pass or not.
hope it helps, if you have any more questions feel free to ask me.

Cheers
DK

• Madox01

Madox01 replied the topic: Re: CASA's Exam Pattern

Cheers for that DK

Thats a very good idea :D i shall definately have to keep that in mind when i sit the exam in the coming weeks, im moderately confident but hoping to get through the book atleast 2 more times, if i am lucky it will be 3 :D Just to be extra confident just so long as im not over confident because thats when things can go pear shaped..

I appreciate your help, shall definately post my score when i finally sit the exam :D

• Aviatordan

Aviatordan replied the topic: Re: CASA's Exam Pattern

Congrats on the pass Dk! 80% is a great mark! What are you onto next?

I've got aero next friday, which I'm not going to lie, scares me a bit. But, I'll be doing through the syllabus and making sure I know everything in it well prior to friday! I'm hoping that'll be enough to get me through.

I know they can ask anything in the syllabus, but did you find they asked a few more questions on one area of the syllabus more than others?

Oh and how did you find the terminology they used? Was it the same as in the BT book?

Good luck to you, to madox! From what I've been hearing about aero, we're definately going to need it.

Cheers guys,

Daniel

• DkBb
  • Topic Author

Thank's Daniel,

Am doing AGK next. pretty confident about it too.. Dont be scared mate! its easier than what people make it out to be. I had a few questions on ground effect, and vortices. And induced drag specially. they word it around different than the BT, a few questions look like exactly out of BT book and some are like wow, where did that came from. so there is another trick my instructor taught me!
1. RTFQ- Read The F***ing Question!!!
2. RTFQA- Read The F***ing Question AGAIN!!!!!!!

And finally

3. RTFA- Read The F***ing Answer!!!

Trust me it works, try n read the question before you even look at the answer and understand what the question is asking. Dont look at the answers straight away because if not all 4, atleast 2 answers would look like the right ones and thats where you get confused and nervous and thats it, game over!

Another thing i did, which i am going to do in AGK as well, is when you finished making the notes. Record them if you can on your phone, or a recorder of some sort. And play the notes on the recorder in headfones before you go to bed. And in the morning before going for the exam. I heard the recording all the way from gold coast to archerfield. Believe me when i say its not amusing to listen to your own voice for hours!!! lol. But it does work. And am gona use this technique for the rest of my cpl exams and then atpl as well.

Hope it helps guys,
All the best! I know you guys are going to pass.

Cheers
DK

• brentonrule

brentonrule replied the topic: Re: CASA's Exam Pattern

Well done DK. Some very useful tips for study techniques. I wish you well in your studies and future flying. Sorry I didn't get to see your posts sooner as I have been away for a while.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds