Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Aerodynamics question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

AOA

• sydpilot
  • Topic Author

sydpilot created the topic: AOA

Hi Bob,

If an aircraft were flying for maximum endurance at what AOA would the aerofoil be? Would it be somewhere between 4 degrees and 16 degrees?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: AOA

The AoA will be high, quite close to the stalling angle.

If flying for maximum endurance, you will be flying with minimum power and therefore a very low airspeed. With such a low airspeed, you will need a high angle of attack to produce the lift you need.

Cheers,

Rich

• sydpilot
  • Topic Author

sydpilot replied the topic: AOA

Thanks Richard.

I completed the exam today with a score of 85%.
The questions were easier than the ones in the book.
This exam would have to be at par with Performance and by that I mean, no tricky phrasing of questions, straight and to the point. HPL is next.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: AOA

Congratulations! Great work. Have fun with HPL - it is a fascinating subject and usually quite enjoyable to get into.

Cheers,

Rich

• linc90

linc90 replied the topic: AOA

Hi sydpilot congrats mate on the pass! I got mine coming up soon Im interested in what you said it was an easy worded exam and tricky wording. I had my aeros exam about a year ago I found the questions very difficult to understand that was my biggest down fall I only just failed it by 68% so one question :( I also have seen in other posts that it was a very wordy exam! have you got any pointers you took from the exam?

HPL just a heads up pretty good one 41 question in total know your TEM !!
Enjoy and best of luck
Linc

• sydpilot
  • Topic Author

sydpilot replied the topic: AOA

Hi Linc,
The questions in the exam were easier than those presented by Bob in his books. Anyone doing those were easily get through the exam. None of the questions had any 'extra' stuff thrown in to try and confuse you. This was the PEXO version of the exam so I'm not sure if the style of questions would have changed much from the exam offered prior.

• linc90

linc90 replied the topic: AOA

Hi Sydpilot yea it was the cyber exam system when I did it I found it very hard to understand they might of fixed the wording fingers crossed thanks anyways mate!

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds