Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Aerodynamics question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

cyber exams

• Collie
  • Topic Author

Collie created the topic: cyber exams

hi bob have found all your practice cyber exams very useful but have done aero for a 2nd time and failed only by 2 % but the actual casa exam and the cyber exam i found the questions are nothing like whats getting asked is there any product or something that you offer that would help many thanks Ben

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: cyber exams

Gidday Ben and welcome to the forum.

As you probably know, nobody has access to the actual CASA examination questions. Have you been using my Aerodynamics book as well as the cyber exams? It is important to actually study the text as well as answer the questions. There is a tendency for many students to concentrate on 'learning the questions'. Make sure you read the text carefully and make your own notes as you go. If you have studied the book and answered all of the questions and cyber exams there is not much more I can give you.

However if you would like to present me with some specific questions that are troubling you, I would be happy to discuss them with you. You can do that here on the forum or by email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Also any extra questions from other providers can't do any harm.

Don't be too depressed, you are not the only one who has had trouble with that subject.

Bob

• Davpor

Davpor replied the topic: Re: cyber exams

Hi Collie
Am booked into aero dy next week,hope i am on the right track also,Are there any quest that come to mind that may help me.any help is apprec
Cheers Dave:(

• Davpor

Davpor replied the topic: Re: cyber exams

Hi Bob
Well i have just sat the aero exam and i must admit there was half a dozen questions that really threw me .however knowing they were going to be line ball i made sure of the rest of the questions,but using the extra time to go back through them. i passed with 80%.Have been using only your books and have found them to be quite good, i did have a bit of hickup with human factors,but it taught me a couple of good lessons.Anyhow upward and onward only 3 more to go.
Dave

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: cyber exams

Dave
Congratulations mate! Aerodynamics is a subject that seems to give more trouble than I would expect. Many students find that the mark they get in the CASA exam is not as good as they expected. Most people say they had trouble understanding wording of the question. If you can give me any feed-back on the questions that troubled you I would be grateful. However 80% for home study is a solid mark that you should be happy with.

HPL is a real headache since they decided to devote half or more of the exam to the dreaded 'Threat and Error Management'. It's very difficult to get good source material that covers the subject areas dealt with in the CASA exam. I am constantly updating the book as I get feed-back from students. The CASA publications [CAAP etc] are of little use because they give no practical examples. Students just have to get familiar with all the psychobabble that seems to be the main interest of the CASA examiners.

• Megzy505

Megzy505 replied the topic: Re: cyber exams

Hi All,

I to failed my Aerody the first time, i thought i really knew what i was doing. But i made i the wrong choice and didnt take my time and began to look over my exam and began changing my answers 1-2 times over.
I just knew that i screwed it up big time, and came out with a terrible score!

Had a break and did Air Law, now back into it and studying, my friend gave me his Heliwest notes on aerody which breaks it all down and i think im beginning to really understand it all but trying to memorize it all....

really knowing the theory is what i find you need to pass this exam.
Any other tricks to this exam would be gr8 :D

Good luck to every1

• LINCOLNWEBSTER

LINCOLNWEBSTER replied the topic: Re: cyber exams

Collie,
your the same as me mate but I have not done bobs practice cyber exams I failed my first and second aeros exam 68% only 1 mark!!!!! so your not alone mate! :) going to do it again let me know how you went on your exam!

cheers
Link

• Collie
  • Topic Author

Collie replied the topic: Re: cyber exams

hey lincoln just wondering how you went im going for it this thursday so hopefully get throught then start irex !!

• DkBb

DkBb replied the topic: Re: cyber exams

Hey everyone,
I thought I would share my happiness. Did Aero today, passed 80%. Am so happy. thanks Bob.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Re: cyber exams

Congratulations! Well done and with a comfortable margin as well. Great! Aerodynamics is a good exam to have behind you. It's easy from here on in ;)

Cheers,

Rich

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds