Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Aerodynamics question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

New to Aviation

• Raji
  • Topic Author

Raji created the topic: New to Aviation

Hi Bob,
I am new to the Aviation field pursuing towards CPL. I am planning to knock down the CPL theory before enroling in flight school. I am sorry if these sounds too irrelevant as I am new to this field. Could you please provide some suggestions on:
1. I would really appreciate if you can give some suggestions on the order which I can attempt the theory exams. I am refering to Bob Tait books for learning.
2. I saw that there are certain permitted reference materials for PEXO. For example, for CNAV references like AIP Book, ERSA complete, AUS PCA, ERC LOW 1/2 and 3/4 only (2 ERC Lows), Hobart/Launceston VTC, Brisbane-Sunshine Coast/Gold Coast VTC, Sydney WAC, Navigation equipment. Should I buy all of these materials? If yes, where can I get hold of these?
3. In Part 61 schedule 3 of MOS, the code given for the subjects are different from the exam code on CASA website. For example, CASA website says CSYA for aircraft general knowledge however in Schedule 3 of MOS, I cant find CPL Aircraft General Knowledge.
Also, code names are different for other subjects like CNVC in MOS and CNAV in CASA website.

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: New to Aviation

Gidday Raji

1. Aerodynamics, General Knowledge, Performance, Meteorology, Navigation, Air Law, Human Performance is the best order for attempting the subjects.

2. The answer is yes and any pilot shop in your area will have what you need.

3. yes that's the way it is, as for the MOS for general Knowledge

Hope that helps
Cheers
Stuart
Attachments:

• Raji
  • Topic Author

Raji replied the topic: New to Aviation

Thanks a ton Stuart. Will pop up with more questions as I progress through my journey.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds