Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

departure report

• 172_Freighter

172_Freighter replied the topic: Re: departure report

Hi bob, wondering if you ended up emailing CASA and getting a response regarding the coveted CB/Tempo question?

Ive got the exam soon and im not sure whether if I face the question I should answer with the correct answer or the correct answer?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: departure report

No, I've got no reply from CASA on that one yet. However I do tell Met classes that the AIP says the alternate or holding requirement applies to TS and does not mention CB. The Met Bureau considers CB to be cloud while TS is weather. So they consider them to be two quite separate things. We always get good pass rates in Met - sometimes 100%, so I reckon that would be the way to go.

• 172_Freighter

172_Freighter replied the topic: Re: departure report

Thanks, Yes i recently sat met aswell (walked out with 100% aswell coincidently), but did not face such a question, I'll see how I go with air law and let you know.

• pannier

pannier replied the topic: Re: departure report

Dear Forum,

I wonder if any one can help me with another q re departure report. I flew out of Coffs last year and got a bit of a terse question from Coff's ATC when I didn't make a departure call. I wasn't going into class C and was in fact going to be in class G at 500 ft over the sea going south.

Can anyone shed light on this?

• captainellzy

captainellzy replied the topic: Re: departure report

To be honest I've never come across the need to make a departure report or even knew they were required for VFR flights. In saying that, I've never departed anything but GAAP, Class D or CTAF aerodromes (unless after an overshoot, in which case I would always have been handed off to departures or radar..) Sorry!

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds