Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

aip not up to date

• skyway
  • Topic Author

skyway created the topic: aip not up to date

hi
could anyone tell me, my aip has not got the updates for about the last year, will it be ok to get through air law and the exam?
thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Re:aip not up to date

Hi Skyway, welcome to the forums.

A year is quite a while for the AIP to be out of date. As you probably know, even as recent as June there was a major update (intro of Class D airspace, procedures at non-towered a/d's for example).

The bulk of the info in the AIP will be unchanged but there was some heavy reference shuffling to incorporate the recent changes. That will make many of the references in the textbook you are using obsolete.

Perhaps more importantly, CASA states in its info on exam materials:

"The candidate is responsible for ascertaining what material will be provided and required of an exam. Unless otherwise stated, all exam material, such as Regulations, Orders and air publications shall be current for the date of exam sitting."

They will expect current regs but I doubt an invigilator will actually check that. Ultimately it's up to you, but personally I wouldn't want to go into a potentially tricky exam like air law with out of date docs. Apart from that it is to test your knowledge of current regs, and as a pilot you need to have access to them anyway.

Maybe you can borrow a current set of regs for the exam?

Cheers,

Rich

• skyway
  • Topic Author

skyway replied the topic: Re:aip not up to date

thanks for your reply richard, i better get up to date!

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Re:aip not up to date

No worries. Just think of all that great reading material for the upcoming winter months :laugh:

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds