Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Flight Time Limitations

• captainellzy
  • Topic Author

captainellzy created the topic: Flight Time Limitations

Hi Bob/Rich/anyone who can help me out,

CPL Airlaw Sample Questions Set 2 Q21)

I couldn't seem to find a reference about reserve time at home other that what was in the CAO (48.1 Para 1.2) and that seems to only deal with the rest period preceding the reserve time.

Are there any restrictions on duty times during the times in question, 2000LMT and the answer of 0600LMT?

Another thing I'm trying to figure out is, must all tours of duty that commence or take place during normal rest periods of 10pm-6am, finish at 6am?

Is reserve time (at home) considered duty time? I'm quite lost on this particular question, hope you can help me out! Exams on Tuesday..

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re:Flight Time Limitations

CAO 48.0 para 3.1 says:-

If you had been on reserve for the last 13 hours, i.e. from 0700 to 2000,then when you were called to duty at 2000 that tour of duty could be no more than 10 hours. The time from the beginning of your reserve time to the end of the tour of duty must not exceed 23 hours, therefore the tour of duty must end at 0600 on the next day

A tour of duty may commence at anytime of the day or night but it must be preceded by a rest period of 9 hours if it includes the hours of 10.00pm to 6.00am otherwise 10 hours. The tour of duty must also be followed by an appropriate rest period. That tour of duty must not exceed 11 hours [unless it is VFR below 5700 kg - then it can be up to 15 hours]. There is no requirement for a tour of duty to finish at any particular time.

Reserve time at home is not duty time, but the requirements of CAO 48.0 Para 3.1 [above] must be met..

• captainellzy
  • Topic Author

captainellzy replied the topic: Re:Flight Time Limitations

Thanks for the reply Bob,

I would have saved a lot of time just now if I had had the CAO 48.0 page under section 48 of my binder and not the very last page of section 45!.. Found it now haha thanks mate, under General Conditions.

• captainellzy
  • Topic Author

Hi guys just to let you know I sat Air Law this morning and finally got a mark I'm happy with - 93%.

Cheers!

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re:Flight Time Limitations

Well done ellzy! I knew you could do it! What next??

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Re:Flight Time Limitations

Good on you Ellzy - Congratulations! Good score too. Definitely one to be proud of.

• captainellzy
  • Topic Author

Performance next.. again =( Sitting it next Friday the 5th. Much much study and practice to be done. Better get to it!

Thanks guys

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds