Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Quick questions!!!

• Mickyd86
  • Topic Author

Mickyd86 created the topic: Quick questions!!!

Hi all,

Just going through the practise text and also cyber Air Law exams, and have a few questions...
Firstly in regards to an AIRMET. In Bob's book it says, when issued, 'advices are limited to phenomena occuring below 12,000ft.'
In the AIP (GEN 3.5 para 5.3.2) it says below 10,000ft.. I know its only 2,000ft! But for the sake of my upcoming exam I thought I would just check...

Secondly... May be a stupid question, but I thought I would just clarify. FLIGHTWATCH for VFR aircraft... Are they only used by VFR aircraft for cancelling SARTIME and also the odd weather report??? Are they more of a necessity when it comes to IFR, when they are used for position reports and seperation etc... It has me a little confused, as it has come up in the odd practise exam. I have gotten those questions right, however would like some 'expert' advice :)
Also, when it comes time to transmit to FLIGHTWATCH, are they only available on HF or can you get them on ML/BN CEN frequencies also?

Thanks

Mick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: Quick questions!!!

The 10,000 feet is a relatively new change in the AIP. It used to be 12,000 feet but was changed. I have made the changes necessary in the latest print of the book.

Flightwatch also uses VHF outlets as well as HF. You will find the Flightwatch VHF outlets in ERSA. By the way, Flightwatch does not provide any operational service like air traffic control or even traffic advice, that is the job of the other ATS units. Flightwatch will handle VFR SARTIME but all IFR flights operate outside of Flightwatch except for weather updates etc. They give in-flight position reports and cancel SAR direct to air traffic controllers or flight information services.

• Mickyd86
  • Topic Author

Mickyd86 replied the topic: Re: Quick questions!!!

Thanks for that Bob. Very much appreciated.

Sorry, got a bit confused in regards to FLIGHTWATCH and other ATS roles...
A litle bit clearer now.

Cheers.

Mick

• Mickyd86
  • Topic Author

Mickyd86 replied the topic: Re: Quick questions!!!

Hi all,

Just letting you guys know I sat the Air Law exam yesterday and got 85%... Mixed emotions about the result... I guess I was hoping for a little more, as I went pretty well in the practise cyber exams.

A pass is a pass I suppose :)

Now for MET today!

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: Quick questions!!!

Good one mate. Nothing wrong with that mark. Well done and good luck with MET.

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds