Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Practice exam query

• adambernhardt
  • Topic Author

adambernhardt created the topic: Practice exam query

Hi

Transponder Q: Did one of the practice exams today and struggling to find the info even though the reference is given. I know the rule is RTFQ & RTFA I made a few assumptions based on the Q&A. Also going on how I was shown to cycle the transponder. Any info would be appreciated. See transponder attachment.

ERSA vs NOTAM Q: Found the info easily but as it had the hours then referenced the NOTAM, i chose notam. It referenced hrs of activastion but also a NOTAM so again Any info would be appreciated. See ERSA vs NOTAM attachment.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mauna3

mauna3 replied the topic: Practice exam query

transponder info can be found in vfrg 3.14 also aip enr 1.6, working on this at the moment.

• adambernhardt
  • Topic Author

adambernhardt replied the topic: Practice exam query

I had it marked in ENR1.6-10 (7.1.10) about turning to STBY, effecting the code, then back to ON/ALT so i still believe the answer i chose was the most correct.

• mauna3

mauna3 replied the topic: Practice exam query

That ref 7.1.10 is in reference to changing from one code to another, to avoid incorrect code selection, 7700 for example. The question you have answered incorrectly does not ask what the procedure is for changing between codes but what code is expected in Class E.
If the question had asked "If operating In Class E airspace what would be the procedure from changing Squawk from 1234 e.g. to VFR (1200)' then you would be correct.

Time to create page: 0.256 seconds