Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Research question for appendix 4

• MissSoph
  • Topic Author

MissSoph created the topic: Research question for appendix 4

Just wondering on this one... where it says that you are allowed 7 hrs of flight time....? Is that what is meant by 2.2? But I thought that was for flight training... the 7 hours?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: Research question for appendix 4

Sorry what question number?

• MissSoph
  • Topic Author

MissSoph replied the topic: Research question for appendix 4

It’s research question for appendix4... question 2... in the study book it’s page 114

• MissSoph
  • Topic Author

Hey Stuart... I’ve just seen that in the study book... p108 in the table for 2.1..: it actually us the FDP and then the flight time in brackets... where as the print out only has the FDP

• Stuart Tait

The question just asks when flying training must be completed by, so only the first 7 hours of the FDP so 1900 is correct

• MissSoph
  • Topic Author

So when the question asks.. you commence your FDP at 1800.. I must assume that under that definition that flight training encompasses that ... so I can only fly for the first 7 hours of say a 9 hr duty?

• Stuart Tait

I'm afraid I have to stand corrected

To correctly answer this question, you must know the difference between flight time and flight duty period (see definitions). If your flight time exceeds 7 hours in a FDP and you provide flight instruction, then that flight instruction must be provided during the first 7 hours of your flight time, and not the first 7 hours of your FDP. So if you start an FDP at 0900 LMT, you can be assigned and work the entire FDP of 9 hours.

• MissSoph
  • Topic Author

Thanks Stuart... and I’m just reading through the printout that I have done for the book to update this section... and pg 119 it is talking about increases inFDP limits by split duties.... it’s showing a pic to represent.. it’s got 6 hr FDP then 4 hrs sleeping accom, then 3 hrs FDP... but I’m trying to work out how they have allocated 6 hrs first, then the rest, then 3 hrs last... is there a reference that explains how many hrs you do, then rest?

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds