Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Departing in coming cold front without forecast? This question make me confused

• Thank you received: 0

Star Alliance created the topic: Departing in coming cold front without forecast? This question make me confused

Your departure point have a cold front moving in, but the current report is VMC condition, next weather report will be issue after 20min, can you departure?

A.yes because you are confident you'll get the forecast in 20 mins
B.cannot fly without forecast
C.can fly if forecast is received within 20mins or less
D.forget ...

My friend who have sat the exam said the answer possibly is B.cannot fly without forecast, but he is not sure.

AIP says you can depart without forecast, if you are satisfied with the weather can permit a safe return within 1 hour from departure. I don't know why B should be choosen.

I have totally no idea of the question. Or maybe the answer/question they remembered is wrong? Could someone share some lights of it?

Sincerely gratitude!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Carello

Carello replied the topic: Departing in coming cold front without forecast? This question make me confused

This is a confused question.

First off, a weather report is not a forecast, and a forecast is not a report. They are two different animals.

That being said, a TTF will combine a trend forecast to a report.

• Thank you received: 0

Star Alliance replied the topic: Departing in coming cold front without forecast? This question make me confused

Sorry for my bad wording. May be the "forecast" in this question is all "report". If like this, could you please help me choose an answer? Thank you.

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds