Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Incorrect Answer

• jkatz098
  • Topic Author

jkatz098 created the topic: Incorrect Answer

This is a tricky question and I believe the answer is incorrect, and could also be incorrect for a similar question I got

The issue is, while the MAX FDP can be worked out using the new FDP start time. The CAO actually says (4.7) "period between the original reporting time and the final new reporting time is deemed to be standby

Then if we look at (6.4) "period of time in which an FCM is held in a standby-like arrangement must be treated as a duty period"

Meaning that the FDP actually started at 0830 and the limit based on the new FDP time is 11 hours
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jkatz098
  • Topic Author

jkatz098 replied the topic: Incorrect Answer

Same thing with this question, all is correct up until the start of the FDP should be at the start of the actual standby period.

So actually FDP should end at 1230? Which obviously doesn't really make sense

Attachments:

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: Incorrect Answer

The Answer is (c). Reference is App 4. Para 4.6. Your company Operations Manual has prescribed procedures for dealing with delays and you are away from home base, so you must be given at least one hours’ notice of the delay. You were given 1.5 hours notice, so your FDP commences at the delayed time of 1000 LMT and the normal FDP limit of 11 hours applies.

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: Incorrect Answer

Answer is (c). Reference is App 4. Para 6.2 and Table 2.1. Para 6.2 says that any FDP must be reduced by any period of time on standby greater than 4 hours. The standby period of 7 hours 30 minutes exceeds the 4 hour standby limit by 3 hours 30 minutes and this must be subtracted from the maximum FDP determined by reference to Table 2.1. Table 2.1 says that the maximum FDP for a 1430 commencement is 9 hours. If you subtract 3 hours 30 minutes from the maximum FDP you establish that your maximum FDP is reduced to 5 hours 30 minutes. Add 5 hours 30 minutes to the FDP start time of 1430 and you must complete the FDP by 2000 LMT.

• jkatz098
  • Topic Author

jkatz098 replied the topic: Incorrect Answer

Yeh that all makes sense, I just thought because it says the time between is standby time that it was counted as FDP time as per 6.4?

• Thank you received: 0

Kerrylee replied the topic: Incorrect Answer

Looks like I did the same thing with the same question due 4.7 & 6.4

Stuart / Bob are you able to answer further re 4.7 & 6.4 - I understand part of definition of standby means free of all duties, but 4.7 saying deemed standby and 6.4 saying this period to be treated as duty period? Does this only apply to when working out minimum off duty periods under clause 8? (and not the start of FDP itself)

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.455 seconds