Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Impact of New Regulations (December 2nd, 2021) on CPL Air Law Exam (Aeroplane)

• Mklingner
  • Topic Author

Mklingner created the topic: Impact of New Regulations (December 2nd, 2021) on CPL Air Law Exam (Aeroplane)

Hi Guys,

So... I made the mistake of booking my Air Law Exam for this Saturday December 4th, Just 2 days after the new regulations come into play.

The Permitted Material has changed (See screen shot attached). but basically, you are no longer permitted to take in CAO 20-95.2 EXCEPT for CAO 48.1 Instrument 2019.

Instead you are permitted: CASR Part 91 & Part 91 MOS / CASR Part 135 & Part 135 MOS. - Does anyone know if these are updated versions because the only ones I can find are from 2018 & 2020.

Also, has there been any word from CASA on just how much these changes will effect the Air Law Exam?

Any Information, Tips or Advice would be much appreciated :)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Impact of New Regulations (December 2nd, 2021) on CPL Air Law Exam (Aeroplane)

I think you will find that the actual requirements across the regulations are going to remain much the same. It's really the reference to the appropriate document where those requirements are found that has changed. Part 91 and Part 135 with the associated MOSs together total 365 pages. Add CAO 48.1 and you have another 83 pages. CASA has assured us that the changes will be introduced gradually, so I guess that means that most of the questions will be very similar to the current air law exams.

Good luck with the exam. Let us know how you go.

Bob

• Mklingner
  • Topic Author

Mklingner replied the topic: Impact of New Regulations (December 2nd, 2021) on CPL Air Law Exam (Aeroplane)

Thank you Bob,

That is what I was hoping the case would be, I'll post after the Exam tomorrow and let everyone know if my experience is what we were expecting or not.

Cheers
Michael

• Thank you received: 837

Stuart Tait replied the topic: Impact of New Regulations (December 2nd, 2021) on CPL Air Law Exam (Aeroplane)

Thanks Michael

Will be very interested to hear what your thoughts

• Mklingner
  • Topic Author

Mklingner replied the topic: Impact of New Regulations (December 2nd, 2021) on CPL Air Law Exam (Aeroplane)

Well.. I passed with a score of 93%, which I'm happy with considering the recent changes.

The exam was tougher than I was anticipating, mainly due to the fact that CAO 20-95.2 is no longer permitted material and I have no idea what CASA have done with the legislation from the CAO.. It feels like they have taken it and spread it across as many CASR parts as they possibly could.

My strategy was to run through the entire exam initially and answer as many questions as I could without referencing any material, & any questions I was not 100% sure on, I would flag and come back to on the 2nd run through and search through the permitted material.

It was a 40 Question Exam (All worth 1pt each).
- About 20 referencing AIP
- About 5 referencing ERSA
- About 5 referencing CAR
- 2 or 3 on FDP (CAO 48.1)
- The remaining 10 (roughly) WOULD have been easy to find in the CAO but who knows now.. Somewhere in the CASR's but personally I found that even when you located the info in the CASR / MOS, the information just isn't as clear as it was in the CAO.

Its quite possible that I just didn't spend enough time prior to the exam going through the new material, which is entirely my fault as I didn't notice there was a change to the Permitted Material until less than 48hrs before the exam. (I should have done more research into the upcoming changes prior to Dec 2nd).

In Summary
Bob Tait's Text Book & Online Exam Prep is really good preparation for this exam (As Usual!) & I would strongly advise you spend the small amount of money to get the online prep as I find those online practice exams are usually pretty close to the real thing.

Watch out for CASA's wording of the Questions & Answers, Not quite as bad as they usually are because there are only so many ways they can ask a law question BUT their answer options in some cases really made you think because the answer you were expecting to see while reading the question was usually not an option...

Anyway, that wraps up Exam #6 for me, Now onto my final exam! - CHUF

Cheers
Michael

• Airspeed

Airspeed replied the topic: Impact of New Regulations (December 2nd, 2021) on CPL Air Law Exam (Aeroplane)

Will the Extract be updated?

Should I take thee extract or all the required material?

Cheers
Matthew

Stuart Tait replied the topic: Impact of New Regulations (December 2nd, 2021) on CPL Air Law Exam (Aeroplane)

G'day Matthew

As yet we are not sure if we can produce an extract as the amount of references seem excessive to be able to cut down the document but we will have an answer for that this week.

Cheers
The following user(s) said Thank You: Airspeed

• clarkemelia

clarkemelia replied the topic: Impact of New Regulations (December 2nd, 2021) on CPL Air Law Exam (Aeroplane)

Hi Stuart,

Is there any update on the new extract at all? I’m thinking I can no longer take in the old extract previously provided for Air Law? (Titled ‘Commercial Pilot Licence - Air Law CAO and CAR Extracts).
Thanks

At the moment we've just haven't had the time to update the extract, it's on the list to get done but for the moment if you are sitting the exam in a week or so I'd just print up the documents and take them with you.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: clarkemelia

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds