Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Outdated MOS?

• JPehrson
  • Topic Author

JPehrson created the topic: Outdated MOS?

Hey all,

I have been digging through the Part 61 MOS and creating a "reference guide" if you will, for all the modules and have noticed a fair bit of info I can't reference.

For CFRH, the students can bring in the following:

- Part 133 MOS
- CASR Part 133
- Part 91 MOS
- CASR Part 91
- CASR Part 61
- CAR

I am having trouble with the following:

2.4.1 Apply the relevant rules that relate to the following:
(a) a pilot’s responsibilities before flight;
(b) aerodrome meteorological minima;
(c) flights over water;
(d) carriage of:
(i) cargo;
(ii) sick and handicapped persons;
(iii) parachutists;
(iv) dangerous goods;

Considering parachutists is Aerial work (138) I don't understand how they can ask us on it?
Dangerous goods is also Part 92?

2.4.2 State the requirements to test radio equipment prior to taxi and maintain a listening watch.

Where do I find this?

2.6.3 Apply permitted tracking tolerances for VFR aircraft to avoid controlled airspace.

Where do I find this?

2.8.1 State the conditions under which a pilot may declare a mercy flight and select occasions when a mercy flight must not be undertaken.

As far as I am aware, Mercy Flights no longer exist?

2.3 Helicopter landing sites (HLS)
2.3.1 Describe the requirements for operating to and from HLS.

Considering we can't bring information on HLS, any idea what kind of questions they would associate with this?

Many thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• saudi12

saudi12 replied the topic: Outdated MOS?

Hey man

I personally couldn't find anything in the MOS about mercy flights however in AIP ENR 1.1 page 90, para 10.14.1.4:
A Mercy flight must not be undertaken when:
a. alternative means of achieving the same relief are available; or
b. the crew and other occupants of the aircraft involved will be exposed to undue hazard; or
c. relief or rescue can be delayed until a more suitable aircraft or more favourable operating conditions are available.

hope this helps g

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds