Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Practise Exam - Restricted Area R418

• james.niven
  • Topic Author

james.niven created the topic: Practise Exam - Restricted Area R418

Just done the last of the book based practice exams and this one (Q23) really stumped me.

The question asks when the area is active and the ERSA gives it's hours as D 21-07 THU 21-13 EXPH (1 HR EARLIER HDS) OT BY NOTAM. I understood this to mean Daily 2100-0700, Thursdays 2100-1300 Excluding Public Holidays, adjust for DST and at other times when notified by NOTAM. Answer in the book is "At all times", I thought that would be indicated by H24? Is it something to do with it's RA3 status?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Re: Practise Exam - Restricted Area R418

Hi James,

From my reading of the information on R418, you are correct in the description of its active hours (as long as you meant UTC of course). R418's RA3 status simply means you will not get a clearance to transit whenever the area is active except in a declared emergency. I read somewhere, even that might not guarantee you safe passage though :ohmy:

From the wording of the question I suspect there has been some changes to the hours for R418 and that has not been updated in the book. Certainly an old DAH I found (19 Nov 2009) shows the hours you describe but with a "recent changes" marker bar in the margin.

Cheers,

Rich

P.S. In case you haven't seen it, here's a great summary of the changes in the November issue of Flight Safety Australia's magazine:

www.casa.gov.au/wcmswr/_assets/main/oar/...forming-airspace.pdf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds