Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Air Law question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

version update

• Davpor
  • Topic Author

Davpor created the topic: version update

Hi Guys

Have just completed the navigation exam 83% and now onto air law.
I purchased my theory books back in '09 and the version i have is no 6.I have downloade the updates that are on your website and slotted the in where appropriate,However im finding that there is quite a lot of discrepancies(mainly AIP).
I can understand it must be a nightmare keeping up to date.
If i get the latest version will it be more accurate?(my guess yes)I mean i can still get the end result just makes it more of a challenge(and i'm trying to minimise these)

Thanks Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• brentonrule

brentonrule replied the topic: Re: version update

Hi Dave, If it were me, for the sake of the $ I'd just buy the new ones. As you say there are a lot of changes from CASA and the more you can minimise your workload the better. In the ovarll scheme of things, the cost of the books in quite small compared to the cost of flying and most of all - THE COST OF SITTING THE EXAMS. I have had quite a dialogue with CASA about the standard of feedback and service (or lack of it) from ASL and I guess that is a subject for another time. In short, I think new books would make your life easier. Cheers and Good Luck.

• Davpor
  • Topic Author

Davpor replied the topic: Re: version update

Thanks brenton for your reply and you are right about the expense (or lack of) in the whole scheme of things.I,ll hope bob or richard spots my post as they will know which version is the most current,or if there is one about to be released.Im of the beief its version 10. Ive actually been through the practise review questions and updated the reference points.that has been another way of learning what is where.But like the other subjects i have conquered the blur that is in front of me will soon clear and this one will too will be defeated.
Once again Thanks
Dave

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Re: version update

Hi Dave,

The official latest version is indeed version 10 (June 2010) but if you want to double check if a new version is in the works if you're considering buying a new copy, just give Lee a call at the school. Ben and Bob did a major overhaul of the regs references in the textbooks recently so you should find a lot of the discrepancies are sorted in the last version. The corrections were gathered together into the errata docs on the site.

Normally Bob collects the errors together into an errata (which you'll find here on the site) and then incorporates those with any new content into a new version release as necessary. Lee will know if there's another one on it's way or not.

Cheers,

Rich

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: version update

OK guys, the latest version of the CPL Air Law [just delivered from the printers] is Issue 11 dated Jan 2011. Ben and I have given the references a complete overhaul and we feel confident that it is as up-to-date as we can make it.

Note that there have been no real changes in actually procedures, it is all in the reference section-paragraph which seems to change while you watch it.

e.g alternate requirements went from 73 to 58 to 57 in about two months.

Have fun

Bob

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds