Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× This is the forum where our students can discuss things relating to their studies or experiences they have had while studying Bob's courses. Please keep it clean, professional and of course entertaining!

Feeling a little down :/

• BigBadStato
  • Topic Author

BigBadStato created the topic: Feeling a little down :/

Hello Everyone,
I guess I'm looking for some positive reinforcement here. I am only weeks away from attaining my CPL and I have a rough idea of what I want to do in aviation, but, after the 4 years and many $$$$ to get me to my CPL, I'm feeling a little underwhelmed by the lack of opportunity provided by a lonely CPL , i.e. having no other endorsements/ratings.
I was under the impression that a CPL would at least open the door to some regular scenic and charter work to aid in building my hours, but it seems this may not be so readily available. I'm at a cross roads and I'm not sure how best to proceed from here. I want to fly twins, I'm just not sure of the most effective way to get me there. Can anyone out there please tell their story on how they progressed from this point? Are there ways that I may be unaware of? Such as simply bugging the heck out of potential employers for some work, showing determination and motivation like I did in previous jobs...or is it all about the Log book???

I'll finish by saying this, these past 4 years have been fantastic and I'm very happy to have had the privilege of doing it, donning my new pilot outfit yesterday for my first commercial training flight brought a big smile to my face! Look forward to hearing from you all!
John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• brentonrule

brentonrule replied the topic: Re: Feeling a little down :/

Hi John, just saw your post here. I did a trip to Port Lincoln SA last week with my wife and we stopped in at Loxton SA on the way over. I met a great guy at the airport who runs a charter and crop dusting business out of Cootamundra.

He employs young (fresh out of CPL) pilots with their minimum hours and takes them through their low level flight endorsements. he then gives them 4 hours a day (2 x 2 hour shifts) of low level bird scaring flying. They scare crows out of almond groves. This gives the young pilots plenty of hours and if they are up to his expected standard after this, he gives them work in his charter company. After a year they generally have about a 1000 hours.

I spoke to one of his young female pilots and she loved the work.

You should call him and tell him I suggested it.

Tell him I was the guy he met in the Piper Arrow with Rod Hondow.

His details:

Central Air Services
Greg Porter
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
02 6942 3626

Good luck.

• FlyingThereAndBack

FlyingThereAndBack replied the topic: Feeling a little down :/

Hi Brenton, I have just obtained a shiny brand new CPL, woohoo!
I was just going through some threads here, when I come across this. Would you mind if I tried this contact and mentioned you?
I am looking to get into charter work ultimately, and have aerobatics experience, low flying is something I REALLY enjoy.
Thanks.

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds