Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× This is the forum where our students can discuss things relating to their studies or experiences they have had while studying Bob's courses. Please keep it clean, professional and of course entertaining!

Cpl subjects completed, thanks to Bob's books

• Rdehnert
  • Topic Author

Rdehnert created the topic: Cpl subjects completed, thanks to Bob's books

Just completed my last Cpl exam recently.7 passes for 11 attempts.very satisfied to say the least! I began my flight training at 17 (but didn't know how to study), got my restricted, ten years later got my Urppl, bought my first Cpl manual the same day, and basically carried it around for almost 20 years, many house moves, career changes, marriage, divorce, overseas service, marriage, baby, house renovation, overseas service (began getting my tait books sent overseas) another baby , cancer treatment for this baby (successful!) began sitting the exams, cancer treatment for my dad (unsuccessful) failed 2 of the exam subjects twice, but kept getting up. Finally got that elusive seventh in three years after deferring my studies for 20 odd years. I'd once overheard my dad tell someone about me, that I wanted to be a pilot but wasn't clever enough. My tait books have done a lot of traveling, on planes,boats,public transport,to the snow,to the tropics,overseas,hospitals,holidays.They are on a shelf above my desk now, as I still use them for reference.I have a collection of aviation manuals dating back to the '30s, British and American but, for someone who always failed Maths at school, the tait manuals are the best.
The ironic thing is that my wife is a secondary Maths/science teacher.Wish I'd met her a long time ago!

Thanks Bob.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: Cpl subjects completed, thanks to Bob's books

That's great news. It always gives us a thrill to learn of another student who has finally achieved his/her goal. Thanks for your kind words regarding the books, but they are not a magic bullet. Success only comes after you have made the effort and in your case, it was a sustained effort over years. You should be rightly proud of your achievement.

Now for the really exciting part with your bottom in an aircraft at last!!!

By the way, I was a maths and science teacher many years ago but I couldn't resist the call of the sky...............

• brentonrule

brentonrule replied the topic: Re: Cpl subjects completed, thanks to Bob's books

Congratulations - another great story. It just goes to show that with hard work, focus and passion, people can achieve their goals. Well done and enjoy yourself. It is always fun. and we are lucky to be able to do this.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds