Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× This is the forum where our students can discuss things relating to their studies or experiences they have had while studying Bob's courses. Please keep it clean, professional and of course entertaining!

Part 61

• Aquila
  • Topic Author

Aquila created the topic: Part 61

Hi everyone,
I haven't been flying powered for about a year and I am looking at starting my PPL theory soon. I started to go over the requirements and licences and I'm a little confused with the new Part 61 regulations. I have a question about the licenses.
If you only have a SPL can you still do a GFPT or do you have to get an RPL before moving onto PPL?

If anyone could give some advice that would be wonderful. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Part 61

There is no such thing as a student pilot 'licence' or GFPT anymore. What used to be called the BAK exam for GFPT is now called RPL [recreational pilot licence]. As far as content goes, very little has changed except the terminology. The main difference is that once you pass the RPL in-house exam and flight test, you will actually hold a pilot licence. Whereas under the old system, when you had GFPT, you did not have a 'licence'.

Bob

• Aquila
  • Topic Author

Aquila replied the topic: Part 61

Hi Bob,
Thank you for you reply.
So does that mean that if I have completed the BAK exam it still counts, or do I have to go back and do what is now the RPL theory exam then the flight test before moving onto PPL?

Thank you.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Part 61

Your BAK pass should still be valid

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds