Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× This is the forum where our students can discuss things relating to their studies or experiences they have had while studying Bob's courses. Please keep it clean, professional and of course entertaining!

TAS charts for the ECHO

• Thank you received: 0

Jase88 created the topic: TAS charts for the ECHO

Hi Bob and Co,

With the CFPA exam will they expect you to interpolate between the TAS figures? I was just doing a question from the book and it asked me for the ANMPG and GNMPG for 2725kg, 12,500 feet and 75% power with a 30kt headwind. I'm also subscribed to the lecture video series but i cant find information on exactly how to interpolate for this chart.

Thanks,

Jason

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: TAS charts for the ECHO

The short answer is no, the CASA exam will not expect you to extract any values from TAS, ROC or fuel flow tables. That information will simply be provided in the text of the question.

The reason I decided to include the tables in the supplement, was that the syllabus for CPL says you should be able to extract information from data provided by the manufacturer. So I decided to provide the tables for questions included in the course. After all, that's what you would have to do if you were operating in the real world.

You would never be expected to interpolate beyond half way between published values.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jase88

• Thank you received: 0

Jase88 replied the topic: TAS charts for the ECHO

Hi Bob,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

That clarifies everything i needed to know for this topic.

Hope to come up to Redcliffe someday to meet you and hire a plane :)

Thanks for all that you do for the aviation community, it's greatly appreciated!

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: TAS charts for the ECHO

I look forward to meeting you also.

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds