Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin

CPL Perf: The Course Page (preview)

• Richard
  • Topic Author

Richard created the topic: CPL Perf: The Course Page (preview)

Course Page Preview:

File Attachment:

File Name: CPL_Perf_P...1015.zip
File Size:516 KB

Work still continues like mad on the Performance course. I thought this time, I'd give you a look at the actual course page as it stands at the moment. It is subject to change before final release but at least this might act as a bit of a teaser :P

A couple of points to remember:
* The quizzes and exams are not integrated yet. We are still putting the question bank together.

* This preview of the course page only reflects finished presentations. There's still other great stuff in the works that hasn't been uploaded yet.That's why Loading and the last couple of sections are only acting as placeholders for the moment.

* The E-texts have not been integrated either. They won't be put online until shortly before the beta-test. That way we catch any last minute edits to the textbook that Bob might want to include.

The full-size image is in the CPL_Perf_Preview_20101015.zip file.
Click the link at the top of this post to acces it.

If you look at the full size image you can get an idea of the way the lessons hang together and progress through the material in the textbook.

We're currently planning to open up a beta-test course at the beginning of December and we'll be looking for about 30 test-students to help stress-test the system and give us feedback on the presentation and any technical hitches or problems they might experience.

I'll post some information on the beta-testing next month.

Cheers,

Rich
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard
  • Topic Author

Richard replied the topic: Re:CPL Perf: The Course Page (preview)

For anyone else having trouble seeing the course preview page:

The thumbnail image in the post is only a preview and as such is too small to be legible. The original image is in the zip file attachment which you can download by clicking on the "CPL_Perf_Preview_20101015.zip" link at the top of the post.

The image inside is called "CoursePage.jpg" and is about 600Kb in size. Depending on what program you use to view the image, you may need to zoom in to read the content.

If it still isn't working, let me know.

• loro

loro replied the topic: Re:CPL Perf: The Course Page (preview)

Looks great Richard, I particularly like the variety of the learning material available. I dabble with Moodle myself and find it an amazing piece of kit.

• Richard
  • Topic Author

Richard replied the topic: Re:CPL Perf: The Course Page (preview)

Thanks loro. Yeah moodle is fantastic. We looked at alternative platforms but really found that overall, Moodle beat them hands down.

If you're a moodler you might be interested in the beta test coming up. All input there is more than welcome. Let me know if you want to have a go.

Cheers,

Rich

• loro

loro replied the topic: Beta Test

Richard,

I would be delighted to participate in the beta test.

• Richard
  • Topic Author

Richard replied the topic: Re:Beta Test

Great loro, thanks. I'll be posting more details in November but I'll pencil you in already :)

Cheers,

Rich

• ozequestrian

ozequestrian replied the topic: Re:Beta Test

Hello Richard, I'm new to the forum but I used Bob's texts and online exams for my PPL, with success I might add:) I'm sitting AGK in a couple of weeks, so I'd love to try to the online course for Peformance if you have any slots available. Regards Boris

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re:Beta Test

Gidday Boris

Thanks for posting on the forum. I'm sure Richard would be keen to include you in the Beta test for Performance. Keep in touch.

Bob

• Richard
  • Topic Author

Richard replied the topic: Re:Beta Test

Hi Boris,

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner but it was a long weekend and I didn't get a chance to check the forums. Considered yourself pencilled in for the beta-test :) I'll be posting more details sometime in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for your offer to help! It's much appreciated.

Cheers

Rich

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds