Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin

CPL air law

• DC
  • Topic Author

DC created the topic: CPL air law

Hi all,

Sat air law today and managed to just get by with 83%. Just need some help with 4 of my KDR's that im struggling to find anything on.

KDR 1
Accident and incident notification.
"You stike a small object on the runway while landing and damage the undercarriage of the aircraft but the damage is only minor and can be easily repaired. Who do you inform?"
a) no one
b) atsb
c) local casa office
d) casa head office
e) ATS
I chose A

KDR 2
Carriage of ELT
"The flight you are conducting requires an ELT but the aircraft has had its built-in ELT removed for servicing. Can you still conduct this flight?"
a) yes
b) no
c) yes providing an approved portable ELT is carried
d) [there was another answer but cant remember]
I chose C.

KDR 3
When weather forecasts/ops briefing mandatory
"When must you obtain a meteorological forcast when conducting a VFR CHTR flight?"
a) 30 Minutes before departure
b) at the time of departure
c) once departed the aerodrome
d) [again there was another answer i cant remember]
I chose A

KDR 4
Required aircraft equipment
"Which of the following instruments can be placecarded unservicable and still allow a pilot to conduct a VFR CHTR flight"
a) ASI
b) altimiter
c) OAT
d) turn coordinator
e) AI
I chose C.
I know the minimum instruments for VFR are ASI, altimeter, compass and an accurate time piece and i'm pretty sure VFR CHTR adds a turn coordinator which now leaves the only answer E, the attitude indicator??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ray

Ray replied the topic: CPL air law

1. Pretty sure the answer is b). The ATSB should be informed, but as the damage is minor it would not be immediately reportable, but you would still have to advise within 72 hours.

2. The answer would be d). The CAR 252A lists exemptions, of which there are quite a few.

3. Without knowing what answer d) was it is a bit difficult to answer this one. As long as the forecast itself is valid for 30 minutes prior to departure and 60 minutes after ETA then I don't think the time that you actually obtain the forecast is relevant (in fact I think the AIP states that you can depart without a forecast if you can't obtain one, as long as you expect to obtain a valid forecast within an hour of departure).

4. The answer is e). CAO 20.18 Appendix 1 lists the requirements and AI is not one of them.

• DC
  • Topic Author

DC replied the topic: CPL air law

Thanks heaps for that Ray, very much appreciated :)

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds