Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin

PPL Sample Exam - Nav questions

• Dave
  • Topic Author

Dave created the topic: PPL Sample Exam - Nav questions

I have been working though the sample exam questions in the back of the Bob Tait PPL book. As I am based in Vic I do not have the NSW charts. I am having trouble working through the answers to questions 49, 52 - 55 without the charts.

Are the charts provided in the exam off reference?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: PPL Sample Exam - Nav questions

Hi Dave,

Any charts not listed in the required equipment list for the PPL exam will have to be supplied to you in the exam. The Nav charts you mentioned will be in the Day VFR workbook which you receive in the exam room. You can download a copy from the CASA website to practice with beforehand (see links below). You can also order a printed copy of the older version from our online store or from your local pilot supply shop. CASA isn't supplying printed copies of the most recent one yet (as far as I know).

As a reference, the required/permitted materials lists are to be found here:

www.casa.gov.au/scripts/nc.dll?WCMS:STANDARD::pc=PC_90074

A copy of the most recent workbook (with Nav charts included) can be found here:

www.casa.gov.au/wcmswr/_assets/main/fcl/...yberexam/day_vfr.pdf

Watch out when printing out the charts by the way. Your printer may scale the charts resulting in errors in distances measured off the printout.

Cheers,

Rich

• Dave
  • Topic Author

Dave replied the topic: PPL Sample Exam - Nav questions

Rich,
Thanks for the quick response. The second link you sent me does not work? I had a quick search on the CASA web site but can not locate it? Any other thoughts so I can run through the sample questions.
Much appreciated.
Dave

• Richard

Hi Dave,

Weird, it works here for me on Firefox. It is a direct link to a PDF document so it might take a little while to load. If in doubt, go to the page from the first link and you will find the link to the PDF under the heading "The PPL exams". Failing that, I can send it to you in a PM.

Cheers,

Rich

• Richard

Check your PM inbox :)

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds