Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin

Beta Test

• Richard
  • Topic Author

Richard created the topic: Beta Test

Do you want to take a first crack at the new online course?

This forum is for information on the upcoming beta test for CPL-Performance. If you want to get involved, send me a PM or post any questions here. Once we're ready to go, you'll receive log-in details via the email you used to register here.

Here's the link to the original announcement in the news section.The beta test application form is available here.

Beta test applications are now closed. Many thanks to everyone who applied - you'll be getting more details by 1st December.

Thanks. Woot! It's gonna be fun! :woohoo:

Rich

P.S. Those of you who've already agreed to take part, would you please just confirm you're still on board for the beta. Thanks.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mickyd86

Mickyd86 replied the topic: Re: Beta Test

Hey Richard,

I may be interested in that. Have Perf coming up in the near future so it may help. I will take all the help I can get, as I hear it is a difficult exam...

What details do you require???

Whats the cost involved mate?

Cheers.

Mick

• Richard
  • Topic Author

Richard replied the topic: Re: Beta Test

Hi Mick,

Thanks for your interest. There'll be no cost to you to take part in the beta test. In fact there'll be some bonus for those that do take part (exactly what hasn't been decided yet but it'll be something nice e.g. cyber exam credits, discounts or something of that nature ).

By the way, the beta test won't be presenting the entire course for a few reasons:

- the beta test will only run for about a month (and includes Christmas) but a real enrolment will give you 3 months to get through everything.
- We are looking for feedback on the principles of the presentation not a review of all of the material so there's no need to go through everything at this stage
- Finally, and this is the clincher, not all of the material is ready yet :)

In any case, the beta testers hopefully won't end up being too stressed to get everything done in time. For these reasons, we're only opening up the first 3 sections and a final exam for that material: "ERSA and ALAs", "The Importance of Density" and "Take-off and Landing Performance". Each section still includes lessons, in-class segments, exercises and drills as well as the E-Text as can be expected in the final course.

There'll be an exam at the end too (so we can also check the assessment mechanism) but don't get too stressed about it.

Just remember, in case we don't get the media DVD ready in time, you will need broadband (preferably flat-rate) so you can watch the movies and presentations online.

As for details, once we get all the testers together, I will send respective login details to the email addresses associated with the accounts here on bobtait.com.au. You'll be able to log-in to the online school but the course won't open for testing until December.

If you're just getting into Performance it will definitely help you with your preparations. The beta test is there to help us tweak the course but at the same time, if it isn't an interesting experience for the testers as well then Bob and I have a problem :ohmy: !!

Just say the word if you want in and I'll put you on the list. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. There's no hidden gotchas.

Cheers,

Rich

• Richard
  • Topic Author

UPDATE:

A version of the offline disc will be available in time for the beta test and can be supplied to beta testers should they require it. It will only contain the material from the beta test but at least with the offline disc you can take part in the testing and yet access the online components of the course with nothing more than a good dial-up connection.

Here's some preview shots of the offline application:
This is the main interface. The contents page contains the links to the assets available for viewing offline.
Here for example is the E-Text (the window was reduced in size for the screenshot). All lessons and videos will be available just as they appear online.

Remember, the offline application is windows only at this stage. Windows 2000 upwards (although I'd be happy if someone with Win98 would like to test it :P )

Cheers and have a great weekend everybody!

Rich
Attachments:

• dtrembath

dtrembath replied the topic: Re: Beta Test

Hi Ricahrd
I'd be prepared to do some analysis/review of the beta version.
Have performsnce coming up in late December ... might br useful.
What information do you require from me ...
Regards
David
:unsure:

• Richard
  • Topic Author

Hi David,

Thanks for joining in! I'll be sending a PM to the beta testers in the next week. All we need is a postal address at some stage so we can get the offline media discs sent off.

I hope you do find the course useful but remember it is only the first part of the course and please whatever you do, don't let it get in the way of your exam preparations. If you can chuck a few hours/comments our way we'd be grateful but your exam is more important!

In any case, you're on the beta tester list David,

Cheers and thanks again!

Rich

• Richard
  • Topic Author

Richard replied the topic: Beta Test Application Form

For those interested in becoming involved there is now a beta test application form available here.

Those of you who have already signed up will still need to supply postal addresses for posting the Offline Media Companion disc. You can use the form if you like or simply send it via a PM here on the site.

Beta Test applications are now closed. Thanks everyone! Expect details shortly.

Cheers,

Rich

• Richard
  • Topic Author

Richard replied the topic: Beta Test Login Information

For anyone who signed up for the beta test:

You should have received your log-in information per email by now. If anyone who applied hasn't received an email yet please contact me ASAP so that I can resend or get a copy of the mail to you via the messaging service here on the site.

Cheers and see you on bobtait-online.com!

Rich

• Mark Bolton

Mark Bolton replied the topic: Re: Beta Test

Hey Richard !

I have my login details and the postie bought the CD this morning. Such a relief to get mail without windows. I am on break at the moment so will probably spend this week being forced to carouse and debauch before going back to work next week. Very much looking forward to studying the material.

Regards

Mark

• Richard
  • Topic Author

Great stuff Mark. Have fun with it. By the way, testing has shown some typos and errors in a couple of the lessons on the disc. Make sure you check out the errata article on the course page.

See you there!

Cheers,

Rich

Time to create page: 0.270 seconds