Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin

Air Law (COSA) passed... here's some tips

• mikee1
  • Topic Author

mikee1 created the topic: Air Law (COSA) passed... here's some tips

Hey guys... in the spirit of giving back, here's my thoughts and tips I'd like to share with anyone about to go through the same thing.

Firstly...I passed on my 2nd attempt!
Some background from me.... I have an FAA CPL IR MULTI licence, and always hit mid to high 90's on my exams.
The way everything is published in CASA is very over complicated, poorly constructed and bitsy...as in a bit is over here, a bit over there so good luck finding it.
And the exams very different again.... lets try and fool the candidate with poorly formed questions/english,... and throw in a couple very valid answers in some questions and hope the candidate guesses what we were thinking on the day.
Don't get me started on the CHUF exam.... just wow.
I did go into the exam very very confident.. i had spent weeks not days doing bobs course, and had got to the stage where I couldn't get a question wrong (so I thought)
I had read on a thread here that if you are hitting 90 plus in the mock exams... you are good to go on the test! NOT TRUE!!!
Firstly Bobs course is good to prepare you and get you started for the exam... I would say 4-5 questions out of the 40 were in the practice exams!... You really need to become ultra familiar with AIP..and where to find stuff...thats KEY!
I personally never got one question on the maps in the tests...
And there's alot in the CAR CARS CAO extract that bob has for you, and obviously a bit on ERSA.
I just don't want other pilots to get blindsided when it comes to the real exam.... on my first try after about 6-7 questions... I knew i was in big trouble, none of it was remotely familiar.
Thanks again Bob and Stuart.. if there was anything I wondered about they were always happy to clear it up for me..
Aviation is a great community... I'm happy to be a part of it.
Good luck out there guys.
mikee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: Air Law (COSA) passed... here's some tips

Congratulations Mikee

• mikee1
  • Topic Author

mikee1 replied the topic: Air Law (COSA) passed... here's some tips

Thanks Stuart... thanks for helping me answer those silly fidly questions I had to put to you guys.... the exams have more of those than the bigger picture important stuff unfortunately.
Mikee

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds