Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the enquiries forum. this is the place to ask questions relating to our books, our courses or the school. If you have a more specific problem relating to aviation theory, check out the Question and Answer forums. That's the best place to post your technical questions.

Performance Review Questions Set 1, Question 14

• Sofeopka
  • Topic Author

Sofeopka created the topic: Performance Review Questions Set 1, Question 14

Performance Review Questions Set 1, Question 14

Greetings All,

Please find included two pictures. First picture is the question, the second picture is the solution.

The question is on page 239 CPL Performance Book and the solution is on page 254 (Edition: Purchased New September 2020).

I understand how the answer was calculated however wouldn't the maximum cargo limit have to be observed which would be 55kg + 55kg + 55kg + 155 kgs. For a total of 320 kg?

If I understand the definitions correctly. Payload is pax and cargo and cargo does not include pax.

Please help! I want to ensure I don't fall for "traps" however want to also know when to NOT apply to "bigger picture" limits.

Thanking you in advance and looking forward to your reply.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Performance Review Questions Set 1, Question 14

You can place 77kg on each passenger seat if you wish. There is no mention of passengers,

Bob

• Sofeopka
  • Topic Author

Sofeopka replied the topic: Performance Review Questions Set 1, Question 14

Hi Bob,

Thank you very much for personally replying to my question.

The question states that “no seats are to be removed.”

In your supplement it states: “Passenger seats may be removed to increase the volumetric capacity of the cabin.”

The CASA RPL, PPL & CPL (Aeroplane) Workbook Version 2 - 08 November 2018 has slightly different wording.

I have included an edited screenshot of both forms of the information.

Given your response to my question and the phrasing of the test question (“no seats are to be removed”) would it be sound thinking that additional cargo may be placed in the cabin regardless of whether the seats are removed or not;

and,

Would it be unsound thinking that because the question specifies that no seats are to be removed does not remove the option of adding additional weight in the cabin.

Sorry to harp on, and sorry for my terrible grammar and english in general.

Thanking you kindly.

Attachments:

There is nothing to stop you loading cargo on the passenger seats as long as it is secured. The regulations have always permitted that. You do not have to remove the seats to do that.

Attachments:

• Sofeopka
  • Topic Author

Sofeopka replied the topic: Performance Review Questions Set 1, Question 14

Thank you so much Bob, for providing me with that wonderful information. I really appreciate your help.

Time to create page: 0.342 seconds