PPL Video Lectures covering Aerodynamics, General Knowledge, Performance, Meteorology And Navigation are now available through our website see front page for details.
Welcome to the CPL AGK question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.
Passed with 79 % - Man that exam sucked
RC Ozy created the topic: Passed with 79 % - Man that exam sucked
I have got through 4 exams now and hitting the â€œSubmit Examâ€ has been a real tough thing to do on every exam.
Still another one down.
Errors that I made were
1. Ammeter â€“ A centre Zero one where they start by stating the guage is pointing to zero and what can you do to ascertain if it is working. I suggested that by putting on load if it goes to a positive indication the ammeter is working.
2. Fire Warning Device â€“ Gave me weird options as to how the detector functions - none of which I liked. I guess that is why I got it wrong.
3. A couple on carby icing. No idea how I got those wrong.
4. Purpose of stabilisers in Helicopters. Easy enough question I just managed to confuse my self as to which axis the horizontal Stab acts along.
5. Aviation Fuels â€“ wanted to know what type of fuel was delivered to me if it was clear. I said Avtur.
6. There was a cool question on FUEL ICE. What the hell is fuel ice?
7. There was one on tail rotor malfunction.
I am really happy I passed this exam. Kinda confused as to the questions I got wrong in a couple of instances, but happy to accept the pass. There were a few that I thought I might have got wrong but got right. So all comes out in the wash.