Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL AGK question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Passed AGK...just. A brief recount

• Tom.RQM
  • Topic Author

Tom.RQM created the topic: Passed AGK...just. A brief recount

Hi Bob, Richard and everyone else out there!

I had my CSYA exam today and passed with a measly 70% :( but, as they say 'a pass is a pass'! And thank goodness I don't have to re do it!

I was somewhat shocked that I received such a low mark, as I thought I had done more than sufficient study - getting in the 90's on practice exams and what not. But CASA, being CASA, worded the questions a bit differently and there was not as much emphases (on my exam), on CSU's (just 2 questions!!) and hydraulic systems (one question). The following is what I got questions on:

Static vent blockages (think outside the box - not just PUDSUC!)
Ammeter (left zero and centre zero) indications - what tells you, you have an alternator failure
Fire detection systems and warning detectors
Fuel Flow - what will give an high reading and vice versa
Fuel Vaporisation (vapour locks)
Types of fuel and what effect a different type of fuel will have on your engine
Conditions for ice formation (make sure you study up on both carby ice and impact ice as they occur under different conditions)
Acceleration effects on gyro instruments
Changing power settings

Good luck to all studying AGK - although it was hard to me, I learnt a lot and you will too!

Tom :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds