Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL AGK question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Page 4-26 Sample question 60

• Doug
  • Topic Author

Doug created the topic: Page 4-26 Sample question 60

Q: LH zero ammeter indicates unusually high charge rate during flight:

A . The electrical system is overloaded
B. the indication would be normal if all electrical loads were turned on

I cannot split the two - is the word 'unusual' indicative of overload?

I would have thought have all electrical loads on would also be quite unusual - so b seems correct to me as we'll.

What exactly makes a the correct answer?

Doug

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Page 4-26 Sample question 60

Hi Doug,

The answer is (a) in this case and as you mentioned, the word to notice is "unusual". It is referring to an abnormal state. Sure, if you turned all electrical loads there will be an increase in the reading on the left-zero ammeter but that would still be within the limits of a normal indication.

> I would have thought have all electrical loads on would also be quite unusual
I see your point but the is it really that unusual to have everything switched on? Think of an IFR aircraft at night in icing conditions. There is going to be a very heavy load in this case but not necessarily outside the normally expected range if the system can cope with the load or the battery is charging correctly.

(A) does see to be the more correct answer since an overloaded system will always show a high charge rate.

Don't stress on the wording here too much. The main thing here is you are thinking about the question and obviously demonstrating a sound understanding of the way the systems work.

Cheers,

Rich

• Doug
  • Topic Author

Doug replied the topic: Page 4-26 Sample question 60

Rich,

Again, thanks for the prompt response. Great resource - you will be hearing from me often as I progress through the courses.

What I am trying to get a grip on is how the wording is used in the questions. From this I see 'unusual' as being a code word for abnormal.

Doug

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds