Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL AGK question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Passed AGK(H) yesterday, brutal exam.

• Kenny Powers

Kenny Powers replied the topic: Passed AGK(H) yesterday, brutal exam.

Hi guys,

I am also seeking clarification on the question regarding carburettor impact ice, as it is only briefly covered in Bob's notes with no mention of temperature range (I do have an older issue of the notes).

JeremyFr asked in his post
To which Bob replied
I managed to find an article about carb icing in the July-August 2001 edition of Flight Safety Australia.
They have stated thatThis statement agrees with Bob's comment regarding the humidity/moisture present, and the temperature of the aircraft surface, but not the temperature range of the ambient air.

The article goes on to stateSo first they state a range of 0oC to -10oC, then they narrow it down to "about" -4oC. To me, the second statement combined with the first supports JeremyFr's answer selection of -4oC and high humidity condition.

As an aside, the NZ CPL General Aircraft Technical Knowledge book states
I note that the posts I referred to are about a year old, has there been any more information added to the AGK notes since then? Have I just confused myself by looking deeper into it?

Thanks,

Craig

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kenny Powers

• Kenny Powers

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds