Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL AGK question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Exam debrief

• rl_referre
  • Topic Author

rl_referre created the topic: Exam debrief

Hi everyone. I passed my last CPL exam with 85% - AGK. For me it was really interesting to learn about this stuff as I didn't really get a chance to hang around engines and that type of thing as a kid. The exam was fairly straight forward if you put the time and effort into studying. The concepts are explained well in the BT AGK book.

My exam had a lot of instruments questions with about 30% of my exam on those type of questions. Compass errors, Pitot/Static blockages, Gyro instruments and the effect of how TAS changes from instruments that are not functioning properly.\Make sure your familier with the compass errors, PUDSUC and the effects of what the instruments actually do and show you as a pilot.

I had a few basic questions relating to mixture. What happens to mixture when it is rich, climbing, descending etc... I also had a question regarding cavatation so make sure you are aware of what it is and how you can avoid the effects of it. As expected there were a few questions on turbo/super chargers. Know how leaks both upstream/downstream of the system affect critical altitude and performance of the system. Make sure you know the difference of fuel injected systems vs carby's and the pros and cons of each system. There were a couple on autopilots (basic) and one on fire systems. I neglected that area prior to the exam and the one question I got I couldn't get. There were a few questions on CSU and what happens with oil pressure failures with/with out counterweights. Icing questions also dominated so be familiar with the causes and the indications on the MP gauge etc.

Anyway this exam is quite passable even for those who think they do struggle with the concepts involved. Read BT and you will have know idea. Remember if it doesn't go in first time re-read it and you will eventually get it. Thanks Bob for your great books!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds