Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL AGK question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Just passed AGK! 88%

• raife
  • Topic Author

raife created the topic: Just passed AGK! 88%

Hey guys, I just passed AGK on what I personally thought was one of the harder exams (I only have performance to go).
A few tips which I would study up on:
1. Ammeter readings
2. What effect does a leaking exhaust have on critical altitude
3. Magneto malfunctions
4. Fire warning detections (what type is in the engine)

Those questions really stumped me, especially the ammeter one which you think would be an easier question, however the wording was off. If you read Bobs textbook and do all the practice exams, then restudy what you got wrong you should be able to pass this exam. I think I overstressed it far to much with CASA's silly wording of questions but all in all it was very similar to Bobs textbook

Good luck to anyone that will be sitting the exam soon!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: Just passed AGK! 88%

Congratulations Raife

and thanks for the feedback

Cheers
Stuart

• lucasgozzard

lucasgozzard replied the topic: Just passed AGK! 88%

Thanks Raife for the heads up.

What is the answer to the leaking exhaust effect on critical altitude? Is it that the waste gate would close earlier to maintain pressure therefore the critical altitude would be lower than normal?

Lucas.

• Kaos

Kaos replied the topic: Just passed AGK! 88%

It depends if the leak is before or after the wastegate. A leak after the wastegate will have no effect on CA, a leak before will reduce the gas available to spin the turbine resulting in a lower CA.

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds