Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL HPL question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Passed - CPL Human Factors & Meteorology

• mindsneak
  • Topic Author

mindsneak created the topic: Passed - CPL Human Factors & Meteorology

Hi Everyone, I passed CPL Human Factors today with a score of 90%! I also sat and passed Meteorology with a score of 86%! I was able to study the CPL Human Factors entirely at home by myself with just the text book. There were 40 questions worth 1 mark each. It is pretty straight forward and definitely doable if you just take your time and study the book.

This is how I studied for Human Factors just in case anyone is having trouble figuring out how to potentially approach this topic and/or want some recommendations or guidance on how to approach this topic, especially if studying from home. I am also using this same rough guide for the other subjects as well. May not work for everyone of course and there is more than one way to skin a cat but it has worked well for me so far.

Step 1: Read the book and try to take in as much as possible (I mark off the top corner of each page with an asterisk to indicate that I have read the page).
Step 2: Download the AnkiDroid App (it is an app for your phone and computer that is very handy for creating flash cards and is specifically designed to take advantage of the recency effect. Flashcards have also been proven to be an effective way at preparing for multiple choice exams)
Step 3: Go back through the book and start adding flashcards to AnkiDroid (I will highlight the first few letters of a sentence in the book to show that it has been turned into a flashcard. I will also turn exam questions from the book and the explanations into flashcards as well but only once I have read the book and attempted the exam with no other help. I use blue to indicate that it has been turned into a flashcard or orange to ignore a particular sentence that can't be turned into a flashcard.
Step 4: At this point just keep adding flashcards and studying every day until you are confident that you can have a decent shot at passing Bob's online practice exams
Step 5: Sit the practice exams
Step 6: Sit the test and hopefully pass!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Passed - CPL Human Factors & Meteorology

Congratulations Mindsneak
Good solid marks, especially for home study - well done! All the best with the remainder of your study. Onwards and upwards....

Bob
The following user(s) said Thank You: mindsneak

• Sofeopka

Sofeopka replied the topic: Passed - CPL Human Factors & Meteorology

Well done Mindsneak. Great result.

I concur with your method, and have been successful in two exams so far, using a similar method.

Well done!

• mindsneak
  • Topic Author

mindsneak replied the topic: Passed - CPL Human Factors & Meteorology

Thank you Sofeopka. I am really pleased to hear that you passed. The method certainly does work well!

Happy flying! :)

• adambernhardt

adambernhardt replied the topic: Passed - CPL Human Factors & Meteorology

which app?

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds