Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin

Permitted materials in CASA exams

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait created the topic: Permitted materials in CASA exams

As you may know, we have created a pdf publication of extracts from the CAR, CASR and CAO for students to use in CASA exams. This publication contains extracts directly from those documents that are relevant to the exam. Some students have been asking if this publication is permitted for use in the CPL Air Law exam. If you check out the following link to CASA's web site you will see that extracts such as this ARE permitted providing they are bound and contain only straight copies of the CASA document's pages with no extra information added. See paragraph headed 'DIVIDERS".

www.casa.gov.au/scripts/nc.dll?WCMS:STANDARD::pc=PC_102044

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Shanny

Shanny replied the topic: Permitted materials in CASA exams

Hi Bob,
I have been using your RPL & PPL exam preps in addition to your text books for my upcoming PPL exam this Friday, they are very helpful! Can you please direct me to where I can get the pdf publication of extracts from the CAR, CASR and CAO? Thank you, Shannon.

bobtait replied the topic: Permitted materials in CASA exams

Actually for the RPL and PPL exams you are permitted to use the Visual Flight Rules Guid (VFRG). If you use that publication you won’t need the CAO or CAR or CASR. You can get the VFRG from CASA’s on-line store

shop.casa.gov.au/collections/visual-pilot-guides-vpg-s

My RPL/PPL books give references to the VFRG. It is only the CPL and IREX students who need the extracts.

Bob

• Shanny

Shanny replied the topic: Permitted materials in CASA exams

Thanks for that. I have the VFRG from CASA.

• cgreening

cgreening replied the topic: Permitted materials in CASA exams

Hi Bob,

Would just like to say quickly that I've found your CPL practice exams incredibly useful for my studies and preparation for CASA exams. I've been recommending them to everyone in my class and have heard great feedback from them also. So thanks for that :) I couldn't do it without you. (don't know what I'm going to do for ATPL).

Anyway. I've got my law exam booked in for about a week from now and got my hands on your law extract .PDF.
I've noticed that it has its own "home made" table of contents for the CAR, CASR and CAO, which doesn't seem to be allowed by CASA in the exam?

Providing this is true. I've decided the best thing to do would be to substitute these with the contents tables for each volume of the CAR, highlight the parts that are included in the extract and use self made dividers to break up the volumes and parts (which seems to be allowed under the "Dividers" section of that "Permitted Material" page you mentioned.)

I can do the same with the CASR, which will be a lot easier, as I just need the table of contents for part 61.

The main problem I see will be with the CAO, as I can't find a table of contents for them online and it doesn't seem like self made dividers are permitted?

Do you know what the story is with the table of contents already included in your extract? from what I can gather it is definitely not allowed, and I'm stuck on how to get around it for the CAO.

Many thanks :)

Yes, I am aware that the table of contents is not allowed and i have removed it from all future issues of the Air Law extracts for CPL. It seems a pity that students are not allowed anything that makes it easier to navigate through the user unfriendly CASA documents. Even when they do find the reference in the CASR Part 61, it takes a trained lawyer to read it and get any meaning out of it. Anyway, that’s the deal so we’ve got to live with it.

i’m glad you have found the other publications helpful.

Bob

• cgreening

Thanks Bob!

Any recommendations for what I can do with the CAO? Is the new .pdf just going to be a jumble of documents?

The pdf will be just the same but no index. The same will apply to the CAO. You can download and print the CAR and CASR contents and highlight the sections that have been included in the pdf. As long as you bind or staple the downloaded pages you will be permitted to bring them into the exam..

• cgreening

Thanks Bob, I've done just that. For the CAO, I have highlighted important bits to catch my eye as I flick through it.

I'll let you know how I go :)

• cgreening

85%. Thanks Bob!

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds