Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin

Permitted materials in CASA exams

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Permitted materials in CASA exams

WOW! That's a great effort. Congratulations. Enjoy your flying now....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• adambernhardt

adambernhardt replied the topic: Permitted materials in CASA exams

Hi Bob

Where can we get this PDF extract for Air Law from????

• adambernhardt

how did you go with the exam?

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Permitted materials in CASA exams

Contact Lee at the office either by phone or e-mail an she will send you a pdf. You will have to have it printed and bound before you take it to an exam.

• adambernhardt

Thanks Bob, will do....whats her email???

• cgreening

cgreening replied the topic: Permitted materials in CASA exams

I got 85%.

I can offer a few tips:
- Know your ERSA and AIP. Everything in the AIP will be in the ENR section. Have a look through what kind of info is in everything but the FAC section of the ERSA.
- With Bob's extract, I did the following:
- Printed double sided, hole punched and put in a ring binder. This way you can easily add and remove bits
- With the CAR section, you are allowed to divide the volumes with custom dividers. Find the CAR online and print off the table of contents at the beginning of each relevant volume. You will only need 3 out of the 5. Then highlight the parts that are in the extract.
- You can't put dividers in the CAO, so just go through every extract that is from the CAO and highlight major headings to catch your eye. Also pays to know a bit about what's in the CAO.
- The CASR is pretty easy, it's only part 61 and it's all about licencing, so you can do the same as you do with the CAO
- Try and condense all this as much as possible. If you don't know laws off our head then you will struggle with time in the CASA exam. The less material you have, the easier it will be to find a reference and get an answer. Between Bob's extract, The AIP and ERSA, you have plenty.
- Do Bob's practice exams. Money well spent.

Links:
CAR on CASA website, so you can print off the table of contents for the volumes in the extract: www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2016C00719
Permitted material for exam: www.casa.gov.au/standard-page/cpl-exams
Info on how you can manipulate the documents (custom dividers, highlighting, tagging etc.) - www.casa.gov.au/standard-page/permitted-material-under-part-61
Bob Tait CPL Law exam prep - online.bobtait.com.au/course/index.php?categoryid=7

Hope this helps. I've done Law, Performance and Nav out of the CL exams and found law to be the hardest. But everyone's different.

I could write a whole book on preparing for this exam and finding your way around the documents. So if you get stuck, let me know. CASA hasn't done a good job with law at all.

• adambernhardt

Trying to send you a PM to have a more detailed chat....

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds