Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Query re IREX prac exam 4 - BNE holding

• Thank you received: 3

HPOUND created the topic: Query re IREX prac exam 4 - BNE holding

I'm wondering if the correct answer is in fact "fuel to hold for 40 minutes or to proceed to an alternate". There's 30 mins holding due the INTER, and the current ERSA specifies 10 mins holding - we're picked up in the "SUN 2100-0100" range for a Monday 0030 arrival.

Also, the TAF is value 0400/0524 - is this a 48 hour period from 00 on 04 to 24 on 05? I have never seen such a big forecast range before.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Query re IREX prac exam 4 - BNE holding

It looks like the ERSA has been changed since that question was written. It is now 10min traffic holding so that makes the answer 40mins. Also the Brisbane TAF should be valid for 30 hours.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HPOUND

• crwrbr

crwrbr replied the topic: Query re IREX prac exam 4 - BNE holding

Having just sat the prep exam in March 2021, the answer to the question is still incorrect.

The correct answer is 40 minutes, 10 for the anticipated delay and 30 for the INTER.

In the yellow box which explains the answer, this is what is written:

'You would need to carry an alternate or 40 minutes holding fuel (30 for the INTER, 10 for the traffic requirement)'.

Yet the next line reads,

'The correct answer is: fuel to hold for 50 minutes must be carried or proceed to an alternate.'

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: Query re IREX prac exam 4 - BNE holding

G'day

I've amended the answer in the question

Cheers

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds