Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

holding fuel

• domcheung
  • Topic Author

domcheung created the topic: holding fuel

Hi guys
This question is listed in CASA IFR question sample but with no answers :

An aerodrome with a primary CTR has operational requirement for 30 min. weather holding and 30 minutes of traffic holding . You are overhead the aerodrome for landing, With 30 minutes of Holding fuel in addition to fixed reserve. The nearest suitable alternate (which does not require any holding) is 30 minutes away. ATC Advise you that an approach to aerodrome is currently not available for the next 30 minutes due to traffic. what action should you take?

I choose fly to alternate cos if Wx gets really bad after 30 min of traffic holding i shall be onto my fixed reserve .

Somehow I doubted !! There is something hidden in the Question !!!!

Dom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: holding fuel

You cannot plan to use the fixed reserve for holding. The fixed reserve is provided to cover an unplanned event such as an undercarriage problem or another aircraft blocking the only available runway. So, assuming that the requirement for 30min weather holding will still be in force, you would have to divert immediately to the alternate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: domcheung

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds