Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the IREX question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

PASSED IREX 98%

• jkatz098
  • Topic Author

jkatz098 created the topic: PASSED IREX 98%

Very happy to say I passed IREX with 98% (I'm annoyed I lost a single mark)

For anyone studying for it, all I can say is read bob tait IREX and then read it again, get used to and understand the concepts not just the questions.
I also purchased the bob tait online practice exams, they were a hugeeeee help, a few questions were even the same.

For the actual exam
I skipped any big wordy questions and went straight to basic look up stuff, then did the ADF and Alternate questions.
Took about 2 hours to do them all the first time round, then spent the rest of the time going over each (found 2-3 mistakes I made)

The fuel calculation fill in the box I got referred to a PVT IFR flight, it didn't specify the aircraft so I took a guess and just used small aeroplane which means no variable reserve, got that right.
Overall it was a pretty even mix of basic looking stuff up in the aip, and actual DA, MDA sort of calculating questions. And then 3-4 ADF questions but seriously basic using the HAT trick.

I found it way easier than performance so dont stress too much over it.

If you know the book back to front (took me about 2-3 weeks) and you get over 85% for the online exams (I was averaging 95%) you'll have no issue identifying what the questions wants.

THANKS BOB! Time to finish CPLs (Met & Aerody)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: PASSED IREX 98%

Congratulations! That's a fantastic result especially for home study (rarely obtained even in a face-to-face class). All the best with the rest of the subjects.

Bob

• brett-1991

brett-1991 replied the topic: PASSED IREX 98%

Congrats on that score! Curious to know how many HAT questions you got and how they asked them? Was it similar to Bob Tait practise questions? Thanks

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds