Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site. We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

The first steps...

• Thank you received: 15

Bosi72 created the topic: The first steps...

Hi all,
The first steps arrived today in the mail. Thank you for sending the books promptly.
I'm 47 yo and the time has come to fullfill one of my childhood dreams. Probably too late for professional career, but never late for fun.. Will be starting PPL course from Royal Victorian Aero Club in Moorabbin (Melbourne) so look forward to learning as much as possible and also sharing my knowledge with everyone.
Cheers!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: The first steps...

Welcome Bosi72!
I'm sure you will not regret your decision to enter the aviation world. You are obviously committed and enthusiastic, so I'm sure you will be successful. We look forward to being there to help as you progress.

All the best with your endeavors

Bob
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bosi72

• domcheung

domcheung replied the topic: The first steps...

Hi
Me 65. Started two years ago. PPL just May this year. Never too late to make dream come true.
in fact planning to join Bob’s instrument class v soon.
Lots of fun and challenges
Cheers
Dom

Great to hear that things are working out for you as well. It would be great to see your smiling face at an IREX course.

Bob

• Sofeopka

Sofeopka replied the topic: The first steps...

Welcome Bosi to wonderful world of Aviation. I'm much in the same boat as you. I have loved every minute so far and have surprised myself with how much I have learned. I'm sure your hard work will lead you to be humbly impressed with yourself.

Student hard work + Sir Bob Tait (Aka God Of The Troposhere) and his crew = Good Results!

Bosi72 replied the topic: The first steps...

Thanks everyone.
Quick update, 3 months later, balancing between family, parenting, work, hobbies..
Currently at page 409 of Volume 2, hopefully in 3-4 weeks will be ready for The Exam.
Cheers

Great to see you are making good progress. Let us know how you go with the exam.

Bob
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bosi72

Hello everyone !

4.5 months since my first post, after reading 1000+ pages from both Vol 1 & 2, a number of study hours, practising navigation, weight&balance, fuel calculations and other exam questions I finally passed PPL exam today with 81%.

Big thanks to Bob and everyone on this forum helping me on the journey.

Cheers
Attachments:

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: The first steps...

Congratulations Bosi72

That's a great result I wish you all the best in the future

Cheers

Hi Stuart, thank you for best wishes.

Sorry to bug you again, I have a question and probably simple answer for you.

Before the question, a brief background: My end goal in aviation is PPL and Instrument rating, buying a C172 and fly with my family around.. Instrument rating not because I want to fly into, but only if I accidentally find myself in clouds or after the sunset. Also, it is too late for my career in aviation and to be realistic I can't get Class 1 medical. However, I am very happy with where I am, enjoying every moment flying.

I already purchased IREX book (thanks for sending it promptly), however I was told that Private IFR (PIFR) may be a better option for me as it include GPS only and most aerodromes now include GPS procedures.

Q1: does IREX include PIFR and NVFR ?
Q2: does PIFR include NVFR ? How those three relates to each other, e.g. like PPL syllabus covering RPL syllabus ..
Q3: (similar as above) if I do IREX exam, do I need to attend PIFR and/or NVFR exams additionally ?
Q4: if I do PIFR exam, do I need to attend NVFR exam ?
Q5: Does IREX book cover PIFR and NVFR?

As you can see from the questions above I need some guidance where to go.

Sorry if for too many questions, thank you for your time responding.
Thanks & Cheers
Stjepan

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds