Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Meteorology question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Met Exam Preps

• julza2425
  • Topic Author

julza2425 created the topic: Met Exam Preps

Hi Guys
Please see the attached file from my exam review. If dust storms can occur to heights of "Up to about 10,000 Feet " Then wouldn't that mean they can occur " TO" 10,000 feet and generally not above ?? I am aware that you include the word " About " in there . Can you see that youre explanation is very broad, " About " could mean 10,500 and it could also mean 9,500 . could you explain this a little better to me please as i do not want to make this mistake again in the real exam .

Many thanks
Julian
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• julza2425
  • Topic Author

julza2425 replied the topic: Met Exam Preps

Further to this i reread the text book and it is very clear that you're answer is very correct . I wanted to make you aware I am not questioning your Knowledge at all ( after all its youre books that have got me this far ) I just felt that youre review explanation could be worded differently to save confusion .

Thanks guys
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Met Exam Preps

Hi Julian
Thanks for you question regarding the vertical extent of dust storms. According to the Met Bureau's Manual of Aviation Meteorology publication, the vertical extent of a dust storm is "commonly well over 10,000 feet". You have made a valid point in regards to my explanation in the on-line exam where I have said "about 10,000 feet". I agree that is a little vague. The intention was to point out to VFR pilots limited to below 10,000 feet without a pressurization endorsement, that it would be impossible to climb above the dust layer. I have changed the wording to "commonly well over 10,000 feet" to make it more specific.

Thanks for your feed-back. It is very much appreciated.

Bob

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds