Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Meteorology question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Exam Pass + tips

• Squizz
  • Topic Author

Squizz created the topic: Exam Pass + tips

Hi all,

I did CMET today and got a solid 85% pass (I'm very happy with this, given I home studied the topic).

Advice on the exam:

- Know the grid point winds model and how they come up with the numbers in those grids.
- Virga - I didn't know enough about it, but I should've known more. Understand what it is, in detail.
- Be super comfortable interpreting TAFs, METARs, TTFs and SPECIs. Also, how FM and INTER/TEMPOs work in relation to existing TAFs. Luckily, I was really comfortable with these and nailed them.
- I struggled with icing throughout the study period and also on the exam. Know the temp ranges and likely conditions. I still have it as a KDR, so I'll need to revise it.
- Be comfortable interpreting GAFs, but these are supremely easier than the ARFOR model (in my view), so learn what you need to to feel ready on these.
- Like the BT books say, learn the thunderstorm results and the hazards etc.

It was a tough exam, way harder than Aerodynamics or AGK (I passed those with >90%). Study hard, do practice exams and make sure you debrief yourself often.

Good luck.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds