Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Meteorology question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Cmet Exam :(

• serdaroglu
  • Topic Author

serdaroglu created the topic: Cmet Exam :(

HI everyone I have got 68% for my CMET,
I need help on a couple of questions, I have been searching for answers but i could not find a really clear answer, if you can help me I will appreciate it

1. A pressure system has been stationary over a flat inland surface for 12 hours from midnight to midday. Describe the variation expected in wind speed and direction:

a) Remain the same
b) Increase and veer
c) Increase and back
d) Decrease and veer
e) Decrease and back

2. Where thunderstorms are most likely to form over Australia waters.

Is it in Northern Australia during Summer
Northern Australia during Winter
Southern Australia during Winter
Southern Australia during Summer

3. How sea fog can move to the land? (I do not remember the answers)
(when I tried to understand what the sea fog is, somewhere it explains it as cold air coming to the top of the warm water and fog forms, also somewhere it states total opposite)

4. What do the wind values in the GPWT charts represent ? ( this is how I remember the Q,)
a) Max wind
b) Min wind
c) Average wind
d) From weather report data

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: Cmet Exam :(

Q1 Since diurnal means throughout the day, the surface wind would have veered during the night as surface friction would have slowed it down giving the pressure gradient more time to act on it and push it out of the system. By early morning, the surface wind will be almost stationary and so will have veered by the greatest amount. As temperature increases after sunrise, convection mixes the surface wind with the faster wind above so the average speed of the surface wind increases. That means that is is 'less veered' during the day-especially by mid afternoon. Since in is 'most veered' a dawn and 'less veered' during the day, the surface wind in the afternoon would have backed with respect to the surface wind in the early morning and its speed would have increased with respect to the surface wind in the early morning. Also Page 29 and 36 in the CPL Met text book

Q2 Page 86 in the CPL Met text book

Q3 Page 88 in the CPL Met text book

Q4 Page 150 in the CPL Met text book

Cheers
Stuart

• serdaroglu
  • Topic Author

serdaroglu replied the topic: Cmet Exam :(

Hi Stuart,

Thank you so much for trying to help me, I am really sorry but I have a May 2015 Cmet book, so the pages don't match.

I have found pages 86,87 also for GAF uptade only between 141-149 from Errata but the others I do not have them.

I am really sorry for making this much more difficult for you, I can purchase a new book but I have really limited time as, I will resit 1st of Aug, If you can reply before that you will safe my life.

Thanking you in advance,

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: Cmet Exam :(

Hakan

I've given you access to the E-Text for 2 weeks so you can see all the changes just go to
online.bobtait.com.au/course/index.php?categoryid=10 and login

Cheers
Stuart

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds