Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Meteorology question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

AIP Book for MET exam

• Ecoops
  • Topic Author

Ecoops created the topic: AIP Book for MET exam

Hi!

I'm going to do the Met exam in a couple of days (My first CPL exam) and it lists the AIP book as a permitted material - is it really needed for Met? I noticed its also listed for Performance, Nav & Air Law - which of these do you really need it in?

Also; am I allowed to just print my own AIP book and bind it, or do I have to buy one? I know its a lot of pages to print, but that sounds like a problem for the printer/paper supplies at my work. Historically I've either used an electronic copy or a copy that the club has hanging around.

Cheers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: AIP Book for MET exam

You would be wise to take the AIP into the exam for Met. You could get questions such as what TAF service is provided at a particular aerodrome and what validity periods apply to that TAF. You would not be able to memorise that type of information.

If you printed and bound your own copy of the AIP, However I'm pretty sure that you can't take it into the exam I'd have to look up the permitted materials on the CASA website.

• bloodandiron

bloodandiron replied the topic: AIP Book for MET exam

Hi Ecoops,

The AIP cannot be self-printed as per www.casa.gov.au/standard-page/permitted-material-under-part-61

I would also say the AIP is a vital part of the Met exam. I found the majority of questions actually dealt with information directly available in the AIP as opposed to theoretical questions on Fohn winds etc..

• Ecoops
  • Topic Author

Ecoops replied the topic: AIP Book for MET exam

Thanks Bob! That's really good to know - I've been doing the practice exam sets online, and I haven't come across any questions that required me to look anything up in the AIP book, so I was thinking I wouldn't need it, but I think its worth taking in off this advice.

• Ecoops
  • Topic Author

Ecoops replied the topic: AIP Book for MET exam

Thanks! That's good to know, I will pick up a copy rather than run through a ream of paper at work. Cheers!

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds