Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Meteorology question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

GPWT and QNH

• MissSoph
  • Topic Author

MissSoph created the topic: GPWT and QNH

Hi again... I know you will all be sooo glad when I get this met exam done... so I stop asking questions ;() ....
Practice test 1 in the book...question 11...

I did get it correct... but I’m not really confident with my method....
So I’m thinking the aircraft is heading 340 at 6500’...
The mark is on the right edge of the box.. and as we r at 6500’ in between 5000’ and the 7000’ value ... so I say the wind is from 235’ at say 7kts...
so I say that we would experience right drift
now because it’s so close to the other box... do I take that into consideration? And I know they wouldn’t have put the QNH in there without having to consider that too...
I’m thinking I have to take into account the high to low... look out below...low to high..watch the sky..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MissSoph
  • Topic Author

MissSoph replied the topic: GPWT and QNH

Ohhhh sweeet Lordy.. :/ embarrassed to say the least... the GPWT is pressure height:() so I have to work out my pressure height... using the formula... but do I still take into consideration the box next to it...

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: GPWT and QNH

G'day MissSoph

Its worth considering the neighbouring box as the values only relate to the centre of each box, also consider the trend of all the boxes along the track as that is the best guide to answer the question

Cheers

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds